Jodi practices in the natural resources sector and assists mining and oil and gas companies with a wide range of complex matters including cross border acquisitions, disposals and major projects.
Jodi has extensive experience working on large scale joint developments and Government project approvals, including many years advising on, and negotiating, State Agreements.
Some of Jodi's recent transactions include:
- acting for the Sponsors on the Ichthys LNG Project joint venture restructure;
- acting for Ok Tedi Mining on the Inmet Mining exit from Ok Tedi by way of share buy-back;
- advising Conoco Phillips on its coal seam gas to LNG joint venture with Origin Energy;
- advising clients seeking opportunities to invest in exploration and development projects both in Australia and the region; and
- adviser for Rio Tinto over recent years including in relation to:
- the $100 billion Rio Tinto/BHPB West Australian iron ore production joint venture;
- Rio Tinto's sale of its $1.5 billion Corumbá iron ore mine and associated logistics business in South America and its Argentine/Canadian potash project;
- formation of Pilbara Iron, an infrastructure operator and manager, between Rio Tinto and its joint venture partners, Nippon Steel, Mitsui & Co and Sumitomo Metals; and
- acquisition of a joint venture interest in the Hope Downs Iron Ore project in Western Australia (and associated Government project approvals).
Areas of Expertise
- Client Update - 03 April 2013
- Focus - 29 August 2012
- Focus - 21 August 2012