Katrina advises on corporate tax, stamp duty and GST issues across a broad range of industries and transactions. She is recognised in Chambers Asia Pacific 2013 for her expertise in a wide range of tax matters and is described as 'someone who is able to reach solutions'. Based in Allens Brisbane office, Katrina routinely advises on transactions Australia-wide.
Recent experience includes:
- QIC Private Capital – part of the team that advised QIC on its successful bid to acquire the 1184-kilometre Moomba to Adelaide Pipeline System (MAPS) for $400.6 million.
- First Reserve Corporation – acted for US private equity group First Reserve Corporation in connection with the initial public offer of shares in ASX listed Calibre Group Limited.
- McGrath Nicol – advised as Deed Administrators for the Cubbie Group of companies.
- Shell – acted on its initial acquisition of a 30 per cent direct interest in Arrow Energy's coal bed methane assets in Australia and subsequent acquisition of Arrow Energy in conjunction with PetroChina.
- Rio Tinto – part of the team that advised on its proposed strategic alliance with Chinalco and proposed Western Australian production joint venture with BHP Billiton.
- INPEX and Total SA – advised on aspects of the Ichthys LNG Project.
Katrina has extensive experience in advising on corporate reorganisations, and has been successful in obtaining complex stamp duty exemptions for clients undertaking such transactions.
In addition to her time at Allens, Katrina has worked in the tax group at Clifford Chance LLP in London advising on UK tax issues, with a particular focus on capital markets transactions, including Eurobond programmes for both UK and non-UK issuers.
Areas of Expertise
Recent News & Publications
- Client Update - 19 November 2014
- Focus - 10 November 2014
- Focus - 21 October 2014
- Focus - 10 September 2014
- Focus - 8 September 2014