Marc specialises in funds management and financial services regulation. He was previously a partner with Edward Nathan Sonnenbergs, one of South Africa's largest law firms.
In recent years Marc has acted on several significant funds-related transactions, including:
- the sale of the Westpac Office Trust to the Mirvac Group by way of a trust scheme of arrangement;
- The DUET Group's 2011 portfolio asset swaps and 2009 and 2011 capital raisings;
- The GPT Group's disposal of its interests in the US component of its joint venture with Babcock & Brown, and the restructure, and distribution in specie, of its interests in the European component of the joint venture;
- The GPT Group's 2009 capital raising of A$1.2 billion capital raising;
- the acquisition of Charter Hall Office REIT by the consortium comprising an affiliate of Government of Singapore Investment Corporation, the Public Sector Pension Investment Board of Canada and a member of the Charter Hall Group; and
- the investment by a listed South African financial services group of stakes in Australian financial services firms.
Marc is a member of the regulatory committee of the Australian chapter of the Alternative Investment Management Association.
Marc has been recognised in Chambers Global Legal Guide.
Areas of Expertise
- Focus - 18 April 2013
- Focus - 06 September 2012
- Focus - 17 July 2012