Carolyn has over 20 years of experience advising on competition and regulatory issues in Australia and South East Asia.
Carolyn specialises in:
- mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures;
- structuring of alliances and advising on business conduct including authorisations and notifications;
- investigations by the ACCC, ASIC, Vietnam Competition Authority and other regulators;
- competition and consumer litigation by the ACCC and third parties; and
- regulatory issues including access, pharmaceutical and medical devices regulation, Australian Consumer Law and advertising and marketing issues.
Carolyn's recent experience includes:
- acting for Cargill to obtain ACCC clearance of its acquisition of the commodity management business of AWB Limited (previously the Australian Wheat Board which held the statutory monopoly of Australian wheat export);
- acting on the competition aspects of Prudential's proposed acquisition of AIG;
- obtaining ACCC clearance for the merger of Schering Plough and Merck & Co;
- acting for Sanofi and Merck in relation to the regulatory aspects of their proposed worldwide animal health joint venture;
- acting in a major ACCC and NZCC investigation in the manufacturing industry including allegations of cartel conduct and dawn raids;
- acting for FOXTEL, News and Premier Media Group (Fox Sports) in successfully defending Federal Court proceedings brought by the Seven Network Limited and its subsidiary C7 Pty Ltd;
- defending Emirates in proceedings commenced by the ACCC alleging that Emirates participated in a global air cargo cartel; and
- providing regular strategic advice on a range of trade practices issues.
Carolyn's industry experience includes, agriculture, aviation, e-commerce, electronics, financial services, insurance, technology, manufacturing, mining and resources, media and pharmaceuticals.
Areas of Expertise
- Biotech & Health
- Intellectual Property
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Competition Law
- Private Equity
- Client Update - 22 February 2013
- Focus - 07 February 2013