Tom is an M&A partner based in our Sydney office and co-head of the firm's Private Equity practice.
In Chambers Asia-Pacific 2014 Guide, Tom is praised as being 'a class act' and 'a very good and sensible operator who knows what he's talking about'. Tom has been recognised as a market leading practitioner in recent publications including Chambers Asia-Pacific 2014 Guide, Best Lawyers 2014 and Who's Who Legal 100 2014.
Clients that Tom has advised on recent M&A transactions include:
- Frasers Centrepoint Limited – A$2.6 billion takeover of Australand Property Group.
- Wesfarmers Limited – sale of its insurance broking businesses to AJ Gallagher for A$1.01 billion.
- Global Infrastructure Partners – sale of 26.7% stake in the Port of Brisbane to The Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec for more than A$1 billion.
- Pacific Equity Partners – sale of Peters Ice Cream to leading European ice cream manufacturer, R&R Ice Cream.
- QIC Global Infrastructure – sale of Queensland Motorways to a consortium involving Transurban, Australian Super and ADIA for A$7.1 billion.
- the consortium comprising Charter Hall Group, an affiliate of the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation and the Public Sector Pension Investment Board of Canada – A$1.8 billion acquisition of the Charter Hall Office REIT.
- Q Port Holdings, a consortium comprising Global Infrastructure Partners, Industry Funds Management, QIC Global Infrastructure and ADIA – A$2.3 billion acquisition of the 99 year lease of the Port of Brisbane from the Queensland Government.
- Lend Lease Group – sale of its aged care business to Archer Capital for A$270 million.
- Archer Capital and HarbourVest – A$1.2 billion sale of MYOB to Bain Capital.
- Archer Capital – A$230 million acquisition of the Healthe Care private hospitals business.
- West Australian Newspapers – A$4.1 billion acquisition of Seven Media Group and associated capital raisings.
- Charter Hall Group – acquisition of Macquarie Group's core real estate management platform and associated A$220 million capital raising.
- Lend Lease Group – A$192 million acquisition of the remaining securities in Lend Lease Primelife Group.
- Archer Capital and HarbourVest – A$405 million public-to-private acquisition of MYOB.
- Lend Lease Corporation – acquisition of management rights to, and a 43 per cent shareholding in, Babcock & Brown Communities for a total cash outlay of A$237 million.
Tom is a member of the NSW Law Society and lectures in private equity law and regulation to postgraduate students at the University of Sydney.
Areas of Expertise
Recent News & Publications
- Media - 27 September 2016
- Media - 20 September 2016
- Media - 31 August 2016
- Media - 22 March 2016
- Media - 10 March 2016