Andrew is an energy and infrastructure specialist. He has advised government, sponsors and financiers on a range of energy, water and infrastructure projects and privatisations. Andrew heads the firm's water interest group.
Andrew's experience includes advising:
- NSW Government – establishment of the Gas Retail Market Company and its subsequent transfer of functions to AEMO;
- NSW Government and industry bodies – various gas market rules to manage imbalances in the gas system;
- the sponsors on a solar farm project as part of the Solar Flagships Program;
- the sponsors on the Gullen Range Wind Farm Project;
- the financiers on the Mumbida and Woodlawn Wind Farm Projects;
- Queensland Government – privatisation of Tarong's and Stanwell's wind farm portfolios, being five operating wind farms and 14 development sites across the country;
- Snowy Hydro – gas supply and transportation arrangements in New South Wales and Victoria;
- EnergyAustralia (now AusGrid) – privatisation of its electricity and gas businesses, including gas transportation, shipping, wholesale gas, including the transfer of wholesale and retail electricity contracts and advising on licensing issues;
- Tomago Aluminium (the largest electricity off-taker in New South Wales) - electricity arrangements with Macquarie Generation;
- the sponsors on the development of the Emu Downs Wind Farm Project, including associated project finance and off-take arrangements, and its subsequent sale to APA;
- SA Treasury – complete overhaul and privatisation of the South Australian Electricity Industry;
- Mitsui and TEPCO – acquisition of a 50 per cent interest in the Tarong North Power Station Project;
- Degremont – on the Prospect Water Treatment Plant, their plants in Queensland and WA, and on various bids for recycling and desalination projects; and
- on various Transport Projects: Railcorp on its ticketing arrangements with CUBIC; TfNSW on its cleaning reform project; Country Rail on the outsource of the maintenance of the country rail network to John Holland; and the M5 and Eastern Distributor TollRaods.
Andrew also is on the Board of The Northcott Society, a not for profit organisation that provides support to people with disabilities and their families.
Areas of Expertise
Recent News & Publications
- Focus - 16 December 2016
- Client Update - 6 December 2016
- Media - 26 October 2016
- Client Update - 6 October 2016
- Client Update - 22 April 2016