Allens wins six Australasian Legal Business Awards
17 May 2010
Allens Arthur Robinson (Allens) won six awards at the Australasian Legal Business Awards in Sydney on 13 May 2010, including the Australian Dealmaker of the Year, Australian Deal Team of the Year and several Deal of the Year gongs.
The firm's work on the Rio Tinto capital raising was named as the overall Australian Deal of the Year and also won the Equity Market Deal of the Year award for the firm.
Allens 20 plus equity raisings in the past 12 months saw our Equity & Capital Markets team named Australian Deal Team of the Year.
In one of the major awards of the night, Perth Partner Nic Tolé took out the Australian Dealmaker of the Year award.
In accepting the award, Mr Tolé acknowledged the partners, legal, and non legal
staff across all of our offices who had worked with him on a range of complex
and demanding transactions for Rio Tinto.
Chairman Ewen Crouch said: 'These awards reflect not only a lot of hard work on the part of those who were there to collect them in Sydney but also all of our people and all of our offices who worked on the transactions.
Other awards included:
- Equity market deal of the year for the Rio Tinto capital raising
- Debt market deal of the year for the Alinta Energy Group restructure
- Project finance deal of the year for PNG LNG Project
Also, congratulations need to go to some of our clients who also had a successful night:
- In-house lawyer of the year & banking & financial services in-house team of the year – Deborah Marris, GC, and the ANZ Banking Group
- Insurance in-house team of the year – QBE Insurance
- Investment bank in-house team of the year – UBS
For a full list of the nominees and winners, go to the ALB Awards website.
- Jane FoleyManager, Marketing Communications,
Ph: +61 3 9613 8503
Notes for editors.
Allens Arthur Robinson has staff in 14 cities and eight countries across the Asia Pacific.