Allens advises Charter Hall on shopping centre purchase
28 August 2012
Allens has advised a Charter Hall-managed wholesale entity on its acquisition of the Bay Village Shopping Centre in New South Wales for $164 million.
Allens also advised Charter Hall on the trust’s establishment and investment, development and property management arrangements.
The 29,162 square metre modern sub-regional shopping centre is located 90 kilometres north of Sydney, in the coastal town of Bateau Bay.
According to Partner Nicholas Cowie, who led the Allens team on the transaction, the property will be held within a newly established unlisted wholesale trust.
'The trust, known as RP2, is owned by one of Charter Hall's high-quality global institutional partners, who hold an 80 per cent interest, with the remaining 20 per cent equity held by the Charter Hall Property Trust co-investment portfolio,' Mr Cowie said.
'The Allens team was very pleased to work with our longstanding client, Charter Hall, on this transaction.'
|Allens legal team||Nicholas Cowie (Partner – Sydney), Stuart McCulloch (Partner – Sydney), Alexandra Peace (Senior Associate – Melbourne), Teresa Lusi (Senior Associate – Perth), Veronica Siow (Senior Associate – Sydney), Evan Bendelstein (Lawyer – Sydney), Hilda Lowe (Paralegal – Sydney)|
- Susan CowenCorporate Affairs Adviser,
Ph: +61 3 9613 8374
Notes for editors.
Allens is a commercial law firm working throughout Australia and Asia. Through its integrated alliance with Linklaters it provides clients access to 36 offices in 27 countries around the world.