Allens Arthur Robinson appoints Michael Rose as Managing Partner Elect on the retirement of Tom Poulton in July 2007
6 December 2006
The chairman of Allens Arthur Robinson (AAR), Mr Jim Thynne, today announced that Mr Michael Rose has been appointed to take over the role of Managing Partner at the end of Mr Tom Poulton's term on July 1 2007. Mr Rose is currently Executive Partner of AAR's Litigation and Dispute Resolution department.
Mr Thynne said: 'In his executive roles with the firm and in the conduct of his very successful practice, Michael has demonstrated the qualities of an outstanding leader. I know that he will bring to this new and crucial role the spirit of collegiality and inclusiveness to which we at AAR aspire - as well as the benefits of remarkable vitality, wit and ability to engage with people from all walks of life.
'I am confident the firm will continue to thrive under his leadership.'
Mr Rose said: 'I am honoured to be given the opportunity to lead our great firm. I am looking forward to working with our clients and my colleagues to ensure that the firm continues to play a leading role in the legal profession in Australia and Asia.'
Mr Poulton said: 'Michael Rose is an outstanding leader. He will undoubtedly lead the firm to many further successes.'
Mr Poulton remains Managing Partner until the conclusion of his scheduled term on July 1 2007.
CV: Michael Rose
- 2004 - Present: Executive Partner, Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- 2001 - 2004: National Staff Partner (Allens Arthur Robinson)
- 1999 - 2001: Staff Partner (Allen Allen & Hemsley (AAH))
- 1998 - 1999: Partner, Andersen Legal
- 1996 - 1998: Member of AAH Board
- 1994: Admitted to partnership, AAH
- 1993 - 1994: Hong Kong Office, AAH
- 1992 - 1993: New York Office, AAH
- 1986: Commenced as a graduate solicitor, AAH
- 1983: Commenced as a summer clerk / paralegal, AAH
Described by Chambers Global Guide as 'a strategic thinker can see the commercial context and develop strategy accordingly'.
- Age 45, married with three children.
- Chairman of ChildFund Australia, an international child sponsorship and development organisation that works with children and their communities in more than 50 countries.
- Studied arts and law at University of NSW, graduating in 1984.
- Interests include raising children, reading, kayaking, swimming, art, aid and development issues.
- David McCluneDirector - Marketing & Client Services,
Ph: +61 3 9613 8965
Notes for editors.
Allens Arthur Robinson has staff in 14 cities and eight countries across the Asia Pacific.