ALE Property Group
Advised on a $80 million placement of stapled securities and ALE Notes 2, and a share purchase plan aimed at funding the simplification of ALE's hedging arrangements.
Centro Properties Group
Acting for the senior lenders to Centro Properties Group (currently comprising a large number of US hedge funds) in the most recent phase of the debt restructuring and stabilisation arrangements; in particular, the proposed aggregation (by stapling) of various Centro managed funds and various creditors' schemes of arrangement to give effect to the proposed debt-for-equity conversion.
- Acted on the establishment of the Charter Hall Core Plus Office and Industrial Funds, and subsequent raisings and acquisitions.
- Advised the consortium that acquired Charter Hall Office REIT, with the consortium comprising Charter Hall Group, an affiliate of the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation and the Public Sector Pension Investment Board of Canada.
- Acted for Charter Hall on its acquisition of the majority of Macquarie Group Limited's core real estate management platform, including the acquisition of management rights and investment stakes in the relevant funds.
- Advised on a new capital partnership (the Australian Industrial Partnership) with one of the largest institutional pension funds in the world, to co-invest in a selection of DEXUS's major Australian industrial property projects, a partnership worth A$500 million with the potential to grow in the future.
- Advised on the development and leasing of its 6 star Green Star 27-level flagship office tower at 1 Bligh Street, Sydney, including drafting and negotiating leasing documents for major tenancies including Clayton Utz, Papuan Oil Search Limited, Bloomberg, the Commonwealth Parliamentary Office and The Executive Centre, together with drafting the construction contract and documenting the introduction of Cbus Property as a joint venture owner.
- Advising on the establishment of a venture with one of the largest pension funds in the world, as its capital partner to co-invest in two of DEXUS' major Australian industrial property projects at Greystanes in Sydney and Laverton in Melbourne, in a transaction worth A$360 million. This was the first capital partnership of this nature for DEXUS, which has $13 billion of assets under management.
- Acting for DEXUS Wholesale Property Fund in the purchase of Beenleigh Marketplace Shopping Centre.
Frasers Property Group
Advising on the development of their A$2 billion mixed-use urban development at Central Park, Broadway, Sydney, including the joint venture with Sekisui House, the construction financing, apartment sales, shopping centre leasing and development issues.
- Advised on the purchase of nine distribution centres around Australia from the Salta Group; on the purchase of a 50 per cent interest in Westfield Whitford City, Hillarys, Western Australia; on the acquisition of Chifley Tower, Sydney, and the trusts and subtrusts owning a 50 per cent interest in Westfield Parramatta; and on the consortium arrangements for the acquisition and development of Myer's iconic new Melbourne department store.
- Advised on the establishment of an industrial logistics joint venture with Australian residential, commercial and industrial property developer Australand.
- Advising on the property aspects and property and development management arrangements for the takeover of the Charter Hall Office Trust (with PSP).
- Advised a Goodman Group-led consortium on its successful A$1.4 billion acquisition of the ING Industrial Fund Ltd.
- Advised on the A$5 billion global refinancing of the Goodman Group. Also advised Goodman Hong Kong Real Estate on the HK$370 million financing for the purchase of the lower portion of an industrial and office building in Hong Kong.
- Advising the Goodman Australia Industrial Fund (GAIF) on two significant real estate acquisitions in Sydney. The first transaction involved the $343 million acquisition of Sydney Corporate Park in South Sydney, a 14.3 hectare site which has 80 tenants across a diverse group of industries. In a separate transaction, we also advised GAIF on its acquisition from the City of Sydney of a 1.98-hectare site in the Sydney suburb of Rosebery for $37.4 million.
- Advised on the purchase of a half share in Melbourne's Northland Shopping Centre for $496 million, the largest single-asset shopping mall transaction since the global financial crisis.
- Advised on the sale of half interests in two retail shopping centres for $551.2 million to the GPT Wholesale Shopping Centre Fund.
- Advised on the sale of its half interest in Erina Fair shopping centre for more than $397 million.
- Advised on the redevelopment of the former Carlton and United Brewery site into a mixed-use, high-density precinct comprising residential, commercial, retail, entertainment and educational uses.
- Advising Grocon on the acquisition of a commercial office building at 85 Spring Street, Melbourne.
- Acting for Grocon on the negotiation of tenancy documentation for the new ATO commercial office developments in Brisbane and Melbourne.
- Advising Grocon on the new Fairfax head office development (known as Media House) on Collins Street, Melbourne.
- Advised Grosvenor Australia, part of the international property development and investment group, on the sale of a Parramatta office tower at 25 Smith Street, Sydney; the sale of 20 Hunter Street, Sydney; the sale of a multi-level car park facility in the Sydney CBD and various industrial sites in Rosebery and western Sydney; and on its refinancing of 400 George Street, Brisbane; as well as on its new development at 60 Station Street, Parramatta (including the precommitments of two key tenants and the construction financing).
- Advised Grosvenor Fund Management on the sale of its 100 per cent interest in the office tower at 259 Queen Street, Brisbane to Investa Nominees for $173 million.
- Advising on its acquisition from members of Investa Property Group of a 25 per cent interest in 126 Phillip Street, Sydney (Deutsche Bank Place), one of the premier CBD office properties in Australia, and a 50 per cent interest in 242 Exhibition Street, Melbourne, an A-Grade CBD office property that serves as the Telstra Global Headquarters.
- Acting on a leasing agreement with Telstra Corporation Limited for the 13,250 sq m commercial office space at 16-18 Mort Street, Canberra.
LaSalle Investment Management
Advised LaSalle, one of the world's leading real estate investment managers, on its acquisition of a 25 per cent interest in the 42-storey premium-grade office tower development proposed for 161 Castlereagh Street, Sydney.
- Advised on its A$192 million acquisition of Lend Lease Primelife Group.
- Advising Lend Lease in relation to its infrastructure and construction agreements with State and local authorities at several of its master planned residential projects, including St Mary's, Calderwood and Bingara Gorge.
- Advising Mirvac on the $300 million development of commercial office towers at 699 Bourke Street and 664 Collins Street, Melbourne. The construction of these office towers is highly complicated, as they are being constructed on an existing deck adjacent to Melbourne's Southern Cross Station. This means there are significant interface issues with the station operator, the rail operator and the relevant government authorities that manage the rail stakeholders.
- Acting for Mirvac on the acquisition of 367 Collins Street, Melbourne for approximately $230 million. The transaction was one of the largest commercial office tower acquisitions in Melbourne in 2013.
- Advising Mirvac on the negotiation of tenancy documentation with AGL for a new commercial office building to be developed at 699 Bourke Street, Melbourne.
Advising Places Victoria on the divestment of its greenfield assets at Craigieburn, Aurora and Officer. The properties were offered for sale via a public tender process, subject to strict probity requirements. Our role included conducting comprehensive legal due diligence, assisting with preparation of the information memorandum and request for tender document, advising on the bid process, drafting and negotiating the contracts of sale and attending to settlement.
Queensland Investment Corporation
Acted for Queensland Investment Corporation on a number of its significant fund transactions, including restructuring the QIC Investment Trust, establishing the QIC Sydney Premium Office Fund, and establishing a A$1.3 billion retail shopping centre fund and structuring an offering of an interest in that fund (A$600 million) to domestic and international wholesale investors.
Westpac Office Trust
Acted for the responsible entity of Westpac Office Trust on the acquisition of that trust (A$413 million) by Mirvac Property Group by trust scheme.
Advised Woolworths Limited on a matter that sees the supermarket giant establish property fund spin-off Shopping Centres Australasia Property Group. The listed real estate investment trust will own a portfolio of 69 shopping centres in Australia and New Zealand worth $1.4 billion. SCA funded the price for the properties in its portfolio through a combination of publicly raised equity, capital reduction and unsecured debt.