ALE Property Group
Advised on a $80 million placement of stapled securities and ALE Notes 2, and a share purchase plan aimed at funding the simplification of ALE's hedging arrangements.
Centro Properties Group
Acting for the senior lenders to Centro Properties Group (currently comprising a large number of US hedge funds) in the most recent phase of the debt restructuring and stabilisation arrangements; in particular, the proposed aggregation (by stapling) of various Centro managed funds and various creditors' schemes of arrangement to give effect to the proposed debt-for-equity conversion.
- Acted on the establishment of the Charter Hall Core Plus Office and Industrial Funds, and subsequent raisings and acquisitions.
- Advised the consortium that acquired Charter Hall Office REIT, with the consortium comprising Charter Hall Group, an affiliate of the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation and the Public Sector Pension Investment Board of Canada.
- Acted for Charter Hall on its acquisition of the majority of Macquarie Group Limited's core real estate management platform, including the acquisition of management rights and investment stakes in the relevant funds.
DEXUS Property Group
Advised on the development and leasing of its 6 star Green Star 27-level flagship office tower at 1 Bligh Street, Sydney, including drafting and negotiating leasing documents for major tenancies including Clayton Utz, Papuan Oil Search Limited, Bloomberg, the Commonwealth Parliamentary Office and The Executive Centre, together with drafting the construction contract and documenting the introduction of Cbus Property as a joint venture owner.
Frasers Property Group
Advising on the development of their A$2 billion mixed-use urban development at Central Park, Broadway, Sydney, including the joint venture with Sekisui House, the construction financing, apartment sales, shopping centre leasing and development issues.
GIC Real Estate
- Advised the real estate arm of the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation on the purchase of nine distribution centres around Australia from the Salta Group; on the purchase of a 50 per cent interest in Westfield Whitford City, Hillarys, Western Australia; on the acquisition of Chifley Tower, Sydney, and the trusts and subtrusts owning a 50 per cent interest in Westfield Parramatta; and on the consortium arrangements for the acquisition and development of Myer's iconic new Melbourne department store.
- Advised the real estate arm of Government of Singapore Investment Corporation, GIC Real Estate Pte Ltd, on the establishment of an industrial logistics joint venture with Australian residential, commercial and industrial property developer Australand.
- Advised a Goodman Group-led consortium on its successful A$1.4 billion acquisition of the ING Industrial Fund Ltd.
- Advised on the A$5 billion global refinancing of the Goodman Group. Also advised Goodman Hong Kong Real Estate on the HK$370 million financing for the purchase of the lower portion of an industrial and office building in Hong Kong.
Advised one of Australia's largest diversified listed property groups, GPT Group, on the sale of half interests in two retail shopping centres for $551.2 million to the GPT Wholesale Shopping Centre Fund.
Advised on the redevelopment of the former Carlton and United Brewery site into a mixed-use, high-density precinct comprising residential, commercial, retail, entertainment and educational uses. Included negotiating contracts of sale and various development agreements, and providing advice on a range of issues relating to the subdivision and development of the land and compliance with the provisions of the comprehensive development and heritage overlays that apply to the site.
Advised Grosvenor Australia, part of the international property development and investment group, on the sale of a Parramatta office tower at 25 Smith Street, Sydney; the sale of 20 Hunter Street, Sydney; the sale of a multi-level car park facility in the Sydney CBD and various industrial sites in Rosebery and western Sydney; and on its refinancing of 400 George Street, Brisbane; as well as on its new development at 60 Station Street, Parramatta (including the precommitments of two key tenants and the construction financing).
Investa Property Group
Advised ASX-listed real estate investment trust Investa Office Fund on its acquisition from members of Investa Property Group of a 25 per cent interest in 126 Phillip Street, Sydney (Deutsche Bank Place), one of the premier CBD office properties in Australia, and a 50 per cent interest in 242 Exhibition Street, Melbourne, an A-Grade CBD office property that serves as the Telstra Global Headquarters.
LaSalle Investment Management
We advised LaSalle, one of the world's leading real estate investment managers, on its acquisition of a 25 per cent interest in the 42-storey premium-grade office tower development proposed for 161 Castlereagh Street, Sydney.
Advised Lend Lease Group, one of the world's leading fully integrated property solutions providers, on its A$192 million acquisition of Lend Lease Primelife Group and on its development of various master plan projects including St Marys, Bingara Gorge and Calderwood.
Queensland Investment Corporation
Acted for Queensland Investment Corporation on a number of its significant fund transactions, including restructuring the QIC Investment Trust, establishing the QIC Sydney Premium Office Fund, and establishing a A$1.3 billion retail shopping centre fund and structuring an offering of an interest in that fund (A$600 million) to domestic and international wholesale investors.
Westpac Office Trust
Acted for the responsible entity of Westpac Office Trust on the acquisition of that trust (A$413 million) by Mirvac Property Group by trust scheme.
Advised Woolworths Limited on a matter that sees the supermarket giant establish property fund spin-off Shopping Centres Australasia Property Group. The listed real estate investment trust will own a portfolio of 69 shopping centres in Australia and New Zealand. SCA funded the price for the properties in its portfolio through a combination of publicly raised equity, capital reduction and unsecured debt.