Blockchain reaction: nine months on
Special Report: Blockchain technology has grown in both scope and maturity over the past nine months, and encountered many unexpected successes and challenges. Read our updated Blockchain Reaction: nine months on report to learn about how the landscape has changed and the new issues and challenges to be aware of.
We have a range of videos covering topics such as innovation and disruption, and doing business in the US.
+61 2 9230 4891
Business development manager
+61 3 9613 8992
Today's technology, media and telecommunications sectors are intensely competitive. Rapidly evolving and converging technologies are challenging and transforming traditional business systems, posing new threats and presenting new opportunities.
Our technology, media and telecommunications team offers unrivalled experience across the sector.
We have lawyers from the full suite of legal practice areas dedicated to servicing the TMT sector, which ensures our advice is commercially relevant to your business.
In particular, we regularly advise major players in the TMT sector on:
- capital raisings;
- private equity/M&A;
- joint ventures/alliances;
- regulatory and compliance;
- commercial contracts, procurement and licensing; and
- IP protection and enforcement.
We advise numerous players in the technology, media and telecommunications sector, including:
- technology: Internet start-ups; vendors and purchasers of technology businesses; software and hardware (including new media devices) suppliers; IT services, offshoring and outsourcing suppliers;
- media: television broadcasters, pay television operators, radio networks, television production companies, newspaper proprietors, film producers, record companies and book publishers; and
- telecommunications: fixed and wireless carriers, resellers, ISPs, MVNOs, equipment vendors and corporate users.
We enjoy strong relationships with industry regulators – such as the Australian Communications & Media Authority, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission and the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner – and frequently advise clients on the regulatory and political dimensions of their commercial strategies. We work closely with our clients to secure favourable regulatory outcomes for them.
Allens is ranked Band 1 by Chambers Asia Pacific 2017 for IT and Telecommunications and Media. We are the only Australian law firm ranked Band 1 for both TMT streams. A client source said 'highly responsive, extremely considered and very practical in their advice'.