Allens is a leading adviser in debt capital markets transactions.
The strength of our debt capital markets practice is our strategic relationships with Australia's largest corporates and banks. The firm has experience in bank and corporate funding as well as in global capital markets for Australian banks and corporations trading in those markets.
Our debt capital markets team focuses on debt, hybrids and other financial markets work. Our reputation has been won through market-leading transactions and is based on strong commerciality, as well as expert advice. We are active in each of the key areas of debt capital markets:
- domestic and international debt issues, including Euro Commercial Paper (ECP) Programme, Euro Medium Term Note (EMTN), Euro Transferable Certificate of Deposit (ETCD) programmes, TLNs, private placements, subordinated and structured debt, US 144A or Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) registered issues and kangaroo bonds;
- credit-wrapped transactions;
- capital management activities such as Tier 1 and Tier 2 issues for banks;
- project and infrastructure debt issues;
- securitisation, including synthetics;
- section 128F Tax Act loan note structures;
- trading systems for capital markets, such as Internet-based systems or traditional exchange-based systems, including SFE Austraclear; and
- regulation of conduct in capital markets.
We also have extensive experience with various other financial instruments where we have acted on a broad range of domestic and international structures. This experience includes a number of unique bond and private placement transactions.