Our intellectual property team offers something not easily found elsewhere – it combines the skill of our commercial and litigation intellectual property lawyers together with our integrated patent and trade marks attorneys practice, to provide a 'one-stop-shop' on all intellectual property issues.
Of particular significance is our expertise in brand protection and our anti-counterfeiting capability. Piracy or counterfeiting is theft, and consequently should be of concern to all companies which have a brand name or image to protect.
We have extensive experience in advising on and developing anti-counterfeiting and anti-piracy strategies, having acted for a range of clients across a number of different industries. Our anti-piracy programs have increased the awareness of the piracy problem throughout government, law enforcement and the community at large.
Knowledge of the issues
We have an unrivalled knowledge of the issues associated with counterfeit goods having worked on every aspect, including:
- setting budgets for anti-piracy programs;
- monitoring key piracy trends and impacts;
- conducting special investigations;
- advising on the direction for marketing campaigns;
- handling civil actions in the Federal and Supreme Courts;
- obtaining Anton Piller orders;
- working with Australian Customs Service regarding the seizure of infringing materials;
- working with State and Federal police forces;
- preparing evidentiary materials; and
- finalising press releases and working with the media to publicise anti-piracy campaigns.