Le Ba Thanh Chung (Chung Le)
Chung has practiced law for 15 years principally focused on infrastructure projects, project finance, and construction (both front- and back-end). Chung is qualified to practice in Vietnam, New York and before the Supreme Court of the United States. He also hold an MBA from the Paris Chamber of Commerce.
Chung's relevant experience includes advising:
- Nghi Son Refinery (a joint venture by PetroVietnam, Kuwait Petroleum International, Idemitsu and Misui Chemicals) on key aspects of a $9 billion refinery and petrochemical project ranging from investment structure and construction to financing issues.
- Vung Ang II BOT Power (a joint venture between China Light and Power and Mitsubishi Corporation) on key aspects of a $1.2 billion – 1200MW thermal power plant project including advising on government contracting issues, project approvals, financing and construction issues.
- Sama Dubai (UAE) on the establishment and regulatory approvals of major infrastructure projects in Vietnam.
- ACC (Holcim’s joint venture in India) in its multi-hundred million construction contracts for Jamul cement plant in India.
- A petroleum company as the sole Vietnamese attorney in the successful settlement of a series of disputes with its general contractor in a multi-billion dollar EPC contract for a mega-scale petrochemical project in Vietnam.
- An international petroleum company as the sole Vietnamese attorney in the successful settlement of disputes with its contractor in multi-hundred million construction contract for offshore works in Vietnam.
- An international offshore service company in the successful settlement of disputes with its contractor in mutil-hundred million construction contract for an FPSO (Perth, Australia).
- Holcim, as the lead Vietnamese attorney, on its $40 million acquisition of COTEC Cement.