Felicity advises clients from a wide range of industries on Australian competition and consumer law matters. A particular focus of Felicity's practice is the provision of advice to clients securing clearance from the ACCC in respect of mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures.
Felicity’s experience includes advising:
- DuPont – in seeking ACCC clearance in respect of the proposed merger with Dow.
- News Limited – in securing ACCC clearance for News' acquisition of the Australian Regional Media business from APN and for News' sale of The Sunday Times and perthnow.com.au assets to Seven West Media.
- Pfizer – in seeking ACCC clearance for its proposed acquisition of Allergan (withdrawn).
- CPPIB and GIP – in securing ACCC clearance for the public bid with Qube and Brookfield (and others) for Asciano and subsequent break-up.
- CPPIB – in securing ACCC clearance for CPPIB's investment in Glencore Agri.
- Various other clients on other aspects of Australian competition and consumer law.
Prior to joining Allens, Felicity worked in the London offices of Linklaters LLP and Kirkland & Ellis International LLP, advising clients across a variety of industries on securing European and worldwide merger control clearances, as well as on contentious and non-contentious European and UK competition law matters. Felicity's UK experience includes advising:
- Accenture – on securing global merger control approvals for the sale of Navitaire to Amadeus.
- Lafarge – on securing approval for its UK construction materials joint venture with Tarmac, as well as on the UK market investigation into construction materials (which involved an interim appeal to the Competition Appeal Tribunal).
- Rio Tinto – on the merger control aspects of the unsolicited bid by BHP Billiton for Rio Tinto, the Western Australian Iron Ore Joint Venture with BHP Billiton as well as other transactions involving Rio Tinto.
- Various other clients – including an immunity applicant in a potential cartel matter, Worldpay in an application for interim measures against Visa from the UK CMA, a firm subject to the container liner shipping investigation by the European Commission and a complainant in relation to an alleged abuse of dominance arising from standard-essential patents.
Areas of Expertise
Recent News & Publications
- Client Update: ACCC cartel action against Cryosite is a strong reminder of rules prohibiting 'gun jumping'Client Update - 13 July 2018