Kate is a partner in the projects practice, with a particular focus on energy and water. She leads the firm's renewable energy group and is jointly responsible for the firm's China practice. During her career, Kate has been based in the firm's Melbourne, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing offices and has strong Mandarin language skills.
Kate's experience includes:
- First Solar – acting for First Solar on the proposed divestment of five solar development assets across New South Wales and Queensland.
- AGL Energy – advising on the establishment of the Powering Australian Renewables Fund (PARF), and the sale of the 200MW Silverton Wind Farm project, the Broken Hill and Nyngan Solar Power Stations and the 453MW Coopers Gap Wind Farm to the PARF.
- Clean Energy Finance Corporation, Commonwealth Bank of Australia and NORD LB – advising on the A$230 million portfolio project development financing of the Whitsunday, Hamilton and Gannawarra Solar Farms being developed by Wirsol and Edify Energy.
- Tilt Renewables – advising in relation to the connection agreements for the proposed Salt Creek Wind Farm.
- Energy Developments Pty Limited – advising Energy Developments Pty Limited on its successful bid for the Cullerin Range Wind Farm in New South Wales and its acquisition of Vision Super's Wonthaggi Wind Farm.
- First Solar – advising First Solar on the power purchase arrangements for the Manildra Solar Farm and the Beryl Solar Farm.
- Flat Rocks Wind Farm – advising Enel Green Power SpA in respect of its investment in the Flat Rocks Wind Farm in Western Australia.
- Forsayth Wind Farm – advising the senior lenders in connection with the development and project financing of the proposed Forsayth Wind Farm in northern Queensland.
- AGL Energy – acting on the finance and sale of its equity interest in the 420MW Macarthur Wind Farm.
- DUET Group – advised DUET Group on the power aspects of its $1.36 billion acquisition of Energy Development Pty Limited by way of a scheme of arrangement.
- Queensland Government – advising on issues relating to the proposed potential long term lease of the SunWater industrial pipelines.
- Melbourne Water, South East Water, Yarra Valley Water and City West Water – advising in relation to regulatory and business as usual matters.
- Oyu Tolgoi LLC – advising on the construction of a coal fired power station under an IPP model to support its copper/gold project in Mongolia and on power supply arrangements from China.
- Melbourne Water – advising on the 150GL desalination project in Victoria.
Kate is a member of the board of directors of Methodist Ladies' College.
Areas of Expertise
Recent News & Publications
- Media - 7 January 2019
- Client Update - 15 August 2018
- Media - 15 August 2018
- Media - 31 July 2018
- Client Update - 30 July 2018