Paul has extensive international cross-border experience in many aspects of finance, including corporate, leveraged, structured, trade, project and ECA finance, acting for financiers, syndicates, sponsors and borrowers. Born in Papua New Guinea, Paul currently divides his time between the Brisbane and Port Moresby offices.
His recent experience includes:
- Ramu II – acting for China Development Bank in its financing of the Ramu II Hydro-electric power project.
- Central Petroleum – acting for CTP in relation to the financing of its acquisition of oil and gas interests in the Northern Territory.
- ANZ – acting advising on a number of property development and construction financings for projects including Alex Perry Residential, Soda Apartments, Elixir Apartment, Abian Residences and the Living Gems retirement precincts at Bribie Island and Highfields.
- AMCI – acting for AMCI in the financing of its Chain Valley colliery.
- CEXIM – acting for CEXIM in relation to its loan to the contractor for the construction of part of the PNG State Power Grid.
- Motukea Port Redevelopment – acting for PNG Ports in the syndicated financing of the Motukea Port redevelopment.
- Star Mountain – transaction counsel for the financing of the Star Mountain hotel and convention centre in Port Moresby.
- Attvest – acting for the lender on Attvest's insurance premium funding facility.
- Steamships – representing the banks in secured club facilities to the Steamships Group.
- Digicel – acting for the financier in the domestic refinancing of IFC and EDC USD facilities to Digicel.
- NCDC – representing Bank of South Pacific on its PGK500 million road construction project financing to the National Capital District Commission.
- Coke PNG – acting for ANZ PNG in its multi-currency facility to Coke PNG.
- National Vet Care – advising the borrower on its pre IPO financing.
- Kumul Hotels – advising Kumul Hotels on the refinancing of its construction and development loan facilities.
- Curtain Brothers – acting for Bank of South Pacific in PGK160 million of construction and development loans to various Curtain Brothers Group companies.
- Coffee Club – acting for the lender in its multi-option corporate facility to the Coffee Club Group.
- ECA Financings – representing the lenders in more than US$1.3 billion of export credit related financings across projects in Asia and Africa.
Paul is admitted to practice in Queensland, Australia and in England & Wales and is in the process of completing his Papua New Guinea admission requirements.