Simun is an experienced financial services regulatory lawyer. His clients include banks, superannuation trustees and fund managers, insurers, financial product distributors and industry bodies.
He is experienced in:
- Financial products – Advising on the development of new products and product changes, disclosure obligations, and the reviewing and implementation of distribution and remuneration arrangements (including FOFA).
- Major transactions – Advising on the sale and purchase of insurers, administrators and other wealth management businesses, mergers of superannuation funds and transfers of insurance business, and directors' and fiduciary duties in the context of transactions, and superannuation and insurance aspects of corporate transactions.
- Payments – Advising on the regulation of payments and new payment products, including implementation of the New Payments Platform.
- Investigations – Responding to regulatory investigations, conducting incident and compliance reviews, and working with clients to design appropriate remediation programs.
- Fintech and regtech Advising on the development of 'robo advice' tools, the regulatory implications of new technologies and building automated regulatory compliance tools.
Simun regularly publishes and presents on financial services regulatory developments. He has presented at the Law Council of Australia Superannuation Conference, and has been a guest presenter in the University of Sydney Law School Taxation & Regulation of Superannuation course.
Areas of Expertise
- Allens Accelerate
- Banking & Finance
- Financial Services Regulation
- Funds Management
- Head Office & Governance
- Insurance & Reinsurance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Technology & Outsourcing
Recent News & Publications
- Client Update: Amendments to include insurance claims handling in the definition of 'financial services'Client Update - 5 March 2019
- Focus: New APRA prudential standard raises bar for information security obligations and incident notification requirementsFocus - 15 November 2018
- 11 October 2018
- Client Update - 26 September 2018
- 27 August 2018