John is one of the firm's specialist property partners. He has substantial experience in property due diligence, acquisition and disposal, leases and licensing, easements and other forms of access rights.
His relevant experience includes advising:
- QIC on joint venture agreements and acquisitions of various commercial properties throughout Australia including Grand Central Shopping Centre, Eastland Shopping Centre, Logan Hyperdome, Central Plaza, Helensvale, Marsden Park Shopping Centre, MLC Centre and Colonial Centre,
- JBS, the world's largest processor of fresh meats, on the acquisition of various meat processing and other sites, and on its $1.45 billion purchase of the Primo Group, the largest processed ham bacon and smallgoods business in Australia and New Zealand,
- the QLD State Government on the proposed divestment of the SunWater pipeline assets, including leading the team conducting property due diligence,
- the purchasers of the Port of Brisbane on property-related due diligence and sale agreements,
- a consortium bidding for the Port Botany and Port Kembla assets in NSW, on property-related due diligence and transaction documents,
- a consortium bidding for the Port of Newcastle assets in NSW, on property-related due diligence and transaction documents; and
- Snowy Hydro on property due diligence for its purchase of the Colongra power plant from the NSW State Government.
John led the property team advising on all the property-related matters arising from two of the largest recent M&A deals in Australia:
- the A$7.057 billion sale by QIC of Queensland Motorways to a consortium of investors comprising Transurban, Australian Super and Tawreed Investments; and
- the APA Group on its US$5 billion acquisition of QCLNG and A$1.8 billion capital raising to fund that acquisition.
Areas of Expertise