Kate specialises in mergers and acquisitions. She has been involved in a wide range of public and private M&A transactions with a diverse client base in industries including the REIT sector, infrastructure, retail, media and technology.
In addition, Kate regularly advises on general corporate advisory and listed corporate governance.
Kate's recent transactions include advising:
- NSW Treasury – on the sale and 99-year lease of TransGrid to the NSW Electricity Networks consortium through a competitive auction process.
- BrisConnections – advised the lender-appointed Receivers and Managers of BrisConnections on the sale of the AirportlinkM7 tollroad for $1.87 billion to the Transurban Queensland consortium.
- APA Group – on its US$5 billion acquisition of the QCLNG Pipeline.
- KordaMentha – on the receivership and $475 million sale of the CrossCity tunnel.
- GPT – on the establishment, IPO and ASX listing of the GPT Metro Office Fund.
- Leighton Holdings – on its response to the $1.115 billion proportional takeover bid by HOCHTIEF.
- GPT – on its $2.99 billion takeover bid for Commonwealth Property Office Fund.
- KordaMentha – on the A$618 million sale of the CLEM7 tunnel.
- Billabong – on its response to numerous takeover and recapitalisation proposals from various private equity parties.
- GPT – on the offer to Australand for its $2.75 billion portfolio of office & industrial properties.
- Charter Hall Group – on its $140 million placement.
- Charter Hall Retail REIT – on its $88 million placement and UPP.
- Woolworths – on the establishment, IPO and ASX-listing of SCA Property Group.
- Billabong – on its $225 million entitlement offer.
- Goldman Sachs and Brookfield Asset Management – on the consortium acquisition of the BOS International portfolio of loans to New Zealand commercial properties.
- Alinta Energy – on the $2.9 billion deleveraging solution.
- Numerous clients on acquisitions of on-line businesses, cyber security and managed services businesses.
Areas of Expertise