As one of the largest law firms in the Australia and Asia region, we have over 130 partners and over 500 legal professionals. Our lawyers are based in Australia, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Jakarta, Port Moresby and Singapore and have language skills including English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Malaysia, Thai, Japanese, Korean, French and German.
On 1 May 2012, Allens entered into an integrated alliance with leading global law firm Linklaters.
The alignment of our complementary practices enables us to offer an integrated service to clients, with one point of contact, a unified team drawn from the best resources of each firm, and consistent quality advice and support.
Both firms remain independent.
Our strength in the region and the commitment of our lawyers has been recognised by independent international surveys as among the world's best:
- Winner, Australian Law Firm of the Year
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2017 (press release)
- Named an elite band one firm in 18 practice areas and jurisdictions
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2018 (press release)
- Ranked number one by value for both announced and completed M&A deals
Thomson Reuters Australia and New Zealand M&A League tables 2016 (press release)
- Vietnam Law Firm of the Year
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2015 (press release)
- A certified carbon neutral firm – the first major Australian law firm to achieve this
Carbon Neutral Program (press release)
- Signatory to the Diversity and Equality Charter, a Law Council of Australia initiative
- The Employer of Choice for Gender Equality
Workplace Gender Equality Agency, 2016
- Top 10 Employer – LGBTI Inclusion
- Winner, Innovative firms
Australian Lawyer – 2016
Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 39 offices in 28 countries.Allens offers one of the most comprehensive legal networks in Australia and Asia.
- advised Unibail-Rodamco on Westfield acquisition
- advised Endeavour Energy on $350M bond issue
- advised Cue Exploration on North West Shelf exploration permits
- advised on Quadrant's investment in Timezone Family Entertainment Centres
- advised Netflow consortium on $1.8bn Melbourne roads PPP
- advised AGL on sale of metering subsidiary
- advised Bendigo and Adelaide Bank on $300M offer of Converting Preference Shares 4
- advised on the Kennedy Energy Park Project
- advised Rio Tinto on US$2.69 billion Coal & Allied sale
- advised Power Ledger on A$34 million blockchain ICO
- advised Ford on development centre to drive innovation
- advised Evolution Mining on sale of Edna May gold mine
- advised Plenary Health consortium on expansion of the existing Casey Hospital
- advised Healthscope on sale of medical centres business
- advised on Coopers Gap wind farm sale to PARF
- advises Westpac on zipMoney investment
- advises on successful investment in Melbourne Square development project
- advised beverage consortium on NSW container deposit scheme
- advised on Australian-first dementia village
- advised Frizelle's on automotive merger
Our involvement in the community is co-ordinated by our Charity Committee and Pro Bono Committee, and while their activities are intertwined, each has a unique purpose and goal. For more, see our Allens in the community section.