As one of the largest law firms in the Australia and Asia region, we have over 130 partners and over 500 legal professionals. Our lawyers are based in Australia, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Port Moresby and Singapore and have language skills including English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Malaysia, Thai, Japanese, Korean, French and German.
On 1 May 2012, Allens entered into an integrated alliance with leading global law firm Linklaters.
The alignment of our complementary practices enables us to offer an integrated service to clients, with one point of contact, a unified team drawn from the best resources of each firm, and consistent quality advice and support.
Both firms remain independent.
Our strength in the region and the commitment of our lawyers has been recognised by independent international surveys as among the world's best:
- Ranked in top 100 Most Innovative Companies
Australian Financial Review, 2018
- Winner, Project Innovation category
Property Council Australia, 2018 (press release)
- Winner, Australian Law Firm of the Year
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2017 (press release)
- Named an elite band one firm in 18 practice areas and jurisdictions
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2018 (press release)
- Ranked number one by value for both announced and completed M&A deals
Thomson Reuters Australia and New Zealand M&A League tables 2016 (press release)
- Vietnam Law Firm of the Year
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2015 (press release)
- A certified carbon neutral firm – the first major Australian law firm to achieve this
Carbon Neutral Program (press release)
- Signatory to the Diversity and Equality Charter, a Law Council of Australia initiative
- The Employer of Choice for Gender Equality
Workplace Gender Equality Agency, 2016
- Top 10 Employer – LGBTI Inclusion
Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 39 offices in 28 countries.Allens offers one of the most comprehensive legal networks in Australia and Asia.
- advised on PPA for Intelligent Water Networks
- advised Evolve Housing on A$70 million affordable housing facility
- ECM activity ramping up in 2019
- acted for BNP Paribas, United Overseas Bank and Standard Chartered Bank in Propertylink takeover
- advised on acquisition of RCR Tomlinson's resources, power and water businesses
- advised KKR's Australian Venue Co. on joint venture with Coles
- advised Brambles on sale of IFCO reusable plastic containers business for US$2.51b
- advised Plenary Schools consortium on refinancing
- advised Joint Lead Managers on $1.65b hybrid issue by NAB
- advised on $314m sale of Melbourne office tower
- advised CAF Investment Projects on Momentum Trains consortium bid
- advised Naval Group on $50bn Attack Class Submarine Program
- advised leading tech company LIFX on sale to Buddy Platform
- advised Sumitomo Australia on Infinite Energy acquisition
- advised Octopus Investments on first Australian transaction
- advised Sydney Airport on corporate PPA
- advised BAE on $35bn Australian Navy shipbuilding program
- advised on $9m automated and connected vehicle grant program for VicRoads
- advised Keppel Infrastructure Trust on $1.1bn acquisition of Ixom
- advised Westbourne Capital on wind and battery power financing
Our involvement in the community is co-ordinated by our Charity Committee and Pro Bono Committee, and while their activities are intertwined, each has a unique purpose and goal. For more, see our Allens in the community section.