As one of the largest law firms in the Australia and Asia region, we have over 130 partners and over 500 legal professionals. Our lawyers are based in Australia, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Port Moresby and Singapore and have language skills including English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Malaysia, Thai, Japanese, Korean, French and German.
On 1 May 2012, Allens entered into an integrated alliance with leading global law firm Linklaters.
The alignment of our complementary practices enables us to offer an integrated service to clients, with one point of contact, a unified team drawn from the best resources of each firm, and consistent quality advice and support.
Both firms remain independent.
Our strength in the region and the commitment of our lawyers has been recognised by independent international surveys as among the world's best:
- Ranked in top 100 Most Innovative Companies
Australian Financial Review, 2018
- Winner, Project Innovation category
Property Council Australia, 2018 (press release)
- Winner, Australian Law Firm of the Year
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2017 (press release)
- Named an elite band one firm in 18 practice areas and jurisdictions
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2018 (press release)
- Ranked number one by value for both announced and completed M&A deals
Thomson Reuters Australia and New Zealand M&A League tables 2016 (press release)
- Vietnam Law Firm of the Year
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2015 (press release)
- A certified carbon neutral firm – the first major Australian law firm to achieve this
Carbon Neutral Program (press release)
- Signatory to the Diversity and Equality Charter, a Law Council of Australia initiative
- The Employer of Choice for Gender Equality
Workplace Gender Equality Agency, 2016
- Top 10 Employer – LGBTI Inclusion
Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 39 offices in 28 countries.Allens offers one of the most comprehensive legal networks in Australia and Asia.
- advised The GEO Group on Fulham Prison expansion
- advised CBA on $1.25bn Hybrid Issue
- Allens serves up sale of premium pastry manufacturer
- advised Cue on Ironbark joint venture coordination agreement, farm-out and option
- advised Redbubble on capital raising to fund TeePublic acquisition
- acted on sale of the Optima Centre to Charter Hall
- advised on Australia's first waste-to-energy facility
- advised X-Elio on solar farm planning approval
- advised on winning $2.86bn bid for Victorian title registry services
- advised on power purchase agreement for multiple Sydney councils
- advised on on refinancing of US$3.5bn Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal
- advised on Rio Tinto's US$3.2bn share buy-back
- advised on Victoria's first renewable energy auction
- advised APN Outdoor on $1.119bn acquisition by JCDecaux
- advised Zenith Energy on Note issue
- acted for National Storage on equity raising
- acted for Charter Hall on Folkestone acquisition
- acted for Healthscope on Asian pathology sale
- advised Joint Lead Managers on one of Australia's largest IPOs
- advised on sale of Beryl Solar Farm
Our involvement in the community is co-ordinated by our Charity Committee and Pro Bono Committee, and while their activities are intertwined, each has a unique purpose and goal. For more, see our Allens in the community section.