Allens ranks number one in Asia Pacific for both borrower and lender roles
25 July 2018
Allens has been ranked top legal adviser in the Asia Pacific in the syndicated loans and project finance league tables for the first half of 2018. The firm ranked number one for both borrower and lender roles both in deal value and number of deals.
In the syndicated loans league tables, Allens was ranked:
- number one borrower's and lead bank's legal counsel in Asia Pacific (ex-Japan) for number of deals and market share by Debtwire; and
- number one borrower's legal adviser in Asia Pacific (ex-Japan) for number of deals and market share by Bloomberg.
In the project finance league tables, Allens was ranked:
- number one legal adviser in Asia (ex-Japan) and Australasia for number of deals by Dealogic; and
- number one for deal count by IJGlobal.
The firm acted on some of the largest and most innovative transactions in the market during this period, including Unibail-Rodamco's $32.7 billion acquisition of Westfield Corporation; the $2.4 billion refinancing of the new Royal Adelaide Hospital public-private partnership; and Pacific Equity Partners' acquisition of both LifeHealthcare and Acumen.
'We are delighted to have been recognised as the leading law firm for both borrower and lender roles across the Asia Pacific, and grateful to our clients for entrusting us with some of their most important matters,' said Partner Tom Highnam, who leads Allens' Banking and Finance team.
'The first half of 2018 has been an incredibly busy period with some of the most significant transactions in the market closing. We are delighted to have been a major part of that.
'With a range of novel products proliferating in the market, such as green bonds, alternative fund financing and unitranche financing, it's an exciting time to be working in banking and finance.'
- Katie HawthornePublic Relations and Social Media Manager,
Ph: +61 2 9230 5459
Notes for editors.
Allens is a commercial law firm working throughout Australia and Asia. Through its integrated alliance with Linklaters it provides clients access to 40 offices in 28 countries around the world.