Allens hosts international guests for IBA Annual Conference in Sydney
29 September 2017
Allens, Australia's Law Firm of the Year, is delighted to welcome to Sydney more than 4000 international guests for the 2017 International Bar Association (IBA) Annual Conference from 8 to 13 October.
Allens will present and participate in a number of IBA sessions and will host a series of events in connection with the conference. The firm's lawyers will meet with colleagues from around the world as well as participating in events on the official IBA conference 2017 program:
- Ross Drinnan (view CV), Head of Disputes & Investigations, will join a panel discussion hosted by the IBA's Law Firm Management Committee on the issues facing Australian law firms on 7 October.
- Disputes & Investigations Partner Rachel Nicolson (view CV) will join a panel on anti-corruption issues in the mining industry on 9 October.
- Intellectual Property Partner Andrew Wiseman (view CV) will co-chair a session on 11 October titled 'Striking the right balance in consumer protection: Australia as a role model or nanny state' as well as participating in a panel discussion on agricultural supply chains in Southeast Asia on 10 October.
- Tax Partner Martin Fry (view CV) will join a panel discussion titled 'Mineral royalties: lessons from international experiences' on 11 October.
- Competition Law Partner Carolyn Oddie (view CV) will participate in a panel discussion on 12 October titled 'Antitrust after cartels: next generation enforcement'.
- Beth Patterson, Chief Legal & Technology Services Officer, will join a panel discussing trends and challenges for the future of regulation in the legal profession on 12 October.
As Australia's pre-eminent and longest running continuous legal partnership, founded in Sydney in 1822, Allens is delighted to welcome international friends and colleagues to Australia.
Contact us to arrange a meeting during IBA Sydney.
- Katie HawthornePublic Relations and Social Media Manager,
Ph: +61 2 9230 5459
Notes for editors.
Allens is a commercial law firm working throughout Australia and Asia. Through its integrated alliance with Linklaters it provides clients access to 39 offices in 28 countries around the world.