Allens tops trifecta of M&A league tables
9 July 2018
Allens has topped the Mergermarket, Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters M&A league tables for deal value in the first half of 2018.
The firm was ranked number one for deal value in Australasia (Mergermarket), number one for Australia and New Zealand announced deals by volume (Bloomberg), and number one for value per advisor on any Australia or New Zealand involvement announced deals (Thomson Reuters).
Allens advised on some of the most significant deals in the market in the first six months of 2018, including the largest public M&A deal in Australian history, Unibail-Rodamco's US$24.7 billion acquisition of Westfield.
'The environment globally is conducive to M&A at the moment, and this has been reflected in strong levels of activity in the Australian M&A market. We are particularly pleased with the growth in our market share reflected in the first half league tables,' said Tom Story, Partner and M&A stream leader.
Other significant transactions on which the firm is currently advising include:
- ANZ's sale of its life insurance business for $2.85 billion and its OnePath pensions and investments and aligned dealer groups business for $975 million
- CKI's $13 billion acquisition proposal for APA Group
- The BGH Capital consortium's proposed $6 billion take private acquisition of Healthscope
- Investa Office Fund's response to Blackstone $4.15 billion acquisition proposal
- Sino Gas & Energy's response to the Lone Star $530 million acquisition proposal
- APN Outdoor's response to JCDecaux's $1.2 billion acquisition proposal
- Bain Capital Private Equity's $810 million proposed management buyout of BWX
- Sarah SmithPublic Relations and Social Media Manager,
Ph: +61 2 9230 5097
Notes for editors.
Allens is a commercial law firm working throughout Australia and Asia. Through its integrated alliance with Linklaters it provides clients access to 40 offices in 28 countries around the world.