About Christine Adamson
Christine specialises in retail and commercial leasing from both a landlord and a tenant perspective. She acts for a number of the firm's major clients on all aspects of leasing transactions in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, the Australian Capital Territory and South Australia. Her experience includes advising:
- QIC Limited on its specialty leasing for QIC's regional shopping centres in Queensland and New South Wales, including supervising a team of paralegals undertaking this work;
- Wesfarmers / Coles Group on the specialty leasing for Coles Group's regional shopping centres in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia. Christine supervises a team of paralegals undertaking this work and also acts for the Coles businesses in the negotiation of agreements for lease and lease of new stores in Queensland;
- Westpac Banking Corporation on the preparation and negotiation of agreements for lease and leases for Westpac's banking premises throughout Queensland;
- St.George Bank on the preparation and negotiation of agreements for lease and leases for St.George Bank's banking premises throughout Queensland;
- CB Richard Ellis on the negotiation of agreement for leases and car park licences for CBRE premises throughout NSW; and
- Orica Limited on the preparation and negotiation of leases for premises throughout Queensland.
Christine advises on a wide range of commercial and retail leasing and related issues for her clients and is fully conversant with the requirements of the relevant retail tenancy and property legislation in the various States and Territory. She has also advised the managers of the Riverside Centre, Brisbane Transit Centre, 145 Eagle Street and other buildings on the various day-to-day issues arising from the management of those buildings.
Christine has written a number of articles for our in-house publication Focus - Leasing, on topics including ratchet reviews in Queensland retail leases and the major amendments to the NSW and Qld retail legislation. Christine's articles have also been reproduced by external bodies. Christine has presented workshops and seminars to clients on changes in the retail legislation and what that means for them.