Mark specialises in the filing, prosecution and defending of trade mark applications before the Australian Trade Mark Office. He also assists clients with the development and implementation of international brand protection and enforcement strategies.
- Coles Supermarkets Australia Pty Ltd – acted for Coles in disputes with Price Costco International, Inc. relating to multiple trade mark applications and oppositions, and in the commercial resolution of those disputes.
- Multi-Holding AG – defended an opposition by Legend (Pacific) Pty Ltd against Multi-Holding AG's application for the trade mark MC4, successfully refuting an allegation that the trade mark consisted of a generic term. The decision will pave the way for Multi-Holding AG to pursue infringing third parties.
- Bangkok Rubber Public Company Limited – defended a trade mark opposition by Puma SE. Despite Puma being able to demonstrate an overwhelming reputation in its puma device, the opposition was successfully defended on the basis that there was no likelihood of confusion in the Australian market.
- The Just Group – assisted with the protection and enforcement of rights for the full range of Just Group companies, including Just Jeans, Peter Alexander, Smiggle, Dotti, Portmans, Jacqui E and Jay Jays. Through our overseas agents, Mark has recently and successfully enforced trade mark rights for DOTTI in the United Kingdom and SMIGGLE in Fiji.
- Trade mark portfolio management – managed major trade mark portfolios for companies including Acushnet Company (Titleist), Uni-Charm Corporation, LG, The Just Group, Muir Electrical Company (The Good Guys), Jaguar Land Rover Limited and Herald and Weekly Times Pty Ltd.
- Australian Customs Protection – worked closely with Australian Customs for a number on clients on the importation of counterfeit products, including for World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc., Australian Paper, Victorinox (Swiss Army Knife) and Cricket Australia.
Mark has been formally trained in Legal Project Management, most recently attending a full-day LPM workshop delivered by US legal project management expert Susan Raridon Lambreth. Mark's LPM expertise drives efficient legal and business outcomes for his clients.