About John Greig
John is a leading infrastructure specialist with significant private and public sector experience (electricity, ports, rail, water, gas, roads), including, as Allens lead partner, on government restructurings and divestments in three states and the development, sale and acquisition of energy, resources and infrastructure assets throughout Australia.
John's experience includes:
- Solar developments – acting for developers of solar projects in all mainland states, including offtake arrangements (energy and/or RECs), connection agreements, project acquisition, project divestment, NER and state based regulatory advice, finance/bankability and overall project management.
- Divestments – acted for the States of SA, Queensland and NSW as to their divestments (networks (electricity and gas transmission and distribution); generation (thermal and renewable); retail (electricity and gas); ports; transport (QR IPO, WestConnex toll road)).
- SA Government – procurement of the Pelican Point Power Station, supported by a retail hedge support mechanism.
- Power station development of the (Qld) Tarong North, (WA) Bluewaters 1 and 2 (coal), Worsley Co-gen, Emu Downs Wind Farm, (NSW) Glennies Creek mine gas stations and (Vic) Bald Hills wind farm.
- Resources/O&G – acted in these sectors, including as to operational issues; JVAs/JOAs; disputes; GSAs; acquisitions and divestments.
- Author – Halsbury’s Laws of Australia – 'Electricity'; 'Renewable Energy'.
- Citations – Chambers Asia Pacific: Energy and Resources – Utilities; Best Lawyers Aust: Banking & Finance; Energy; Natural Resources; Doyles' Guide – Energy and Resources.