About David Hill
David has over 35 years' experience in commercial and dispute resolution across Australia, England, the Middle East and including over 20 years' experience practicing in PNG.
In addition to his extensive commercial experience in PNG and elsewhere, David has acted in major and diverse disputes such as the Ok Tedi mine environmental claim in PNG, cricket rights in India and the BTC oil pipeline in Turkey.
David's experience includes:
- Bank of South Pacific Limited – managing a team of lawyers as head of legal to provide internal legal services to the Bank throughout PNG, with that advice covering all aspects of its business including lending, commercial arrangements and litigation.
- PNG Government – acting in the Appeal Court to resist application to overturn tax legislation on constitutional grounds.
- providing in house legal services to a wealth fund on its extensive commercial activities in the Middle East and its corporate governance.
- extensive litigation in PNG both through the Bank of South Pacific and Allens including:
- Ok Tedi environmental claim;
- commercial disputes;
- banking and finance disputes;
- land and compensation claims.
- commercial and litigation experience in Australia including acting in litigation for Westpac and as in house counsel at Santos (12 month secondment).