About David Kark
David is a registered trans Tasman patent attorney and Australian trade mark attorney, with expertise in both mechanical and electrical engineering, specialising in the fields of renewable energy and electrical power systems.
David holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) and a Master of Engineering Science from the University of New South Wales. He also holds a Master of Intellectual Property from the University of Technology, Sydney.
Before becoming a patent attorney, David worked as an engineer providing consultancy services for electrical power generation, electrical power transmission and distribution, and electrical systems for mines.
As a patent attorney, David provides services in relation to patents and designs in the mechanical and electrical fields.
David’s experience includes:
- drafting patent specifications
- prosecuting patent application in Australia and overseas
- Patent infringement and validity advice
- conducting freedom-to-operate searches and opinions
- patent oppositions
- preparing design applications
- prosecuting design applications in Australia and overseas
- design infringement and validity advice.