About Tony Kuhn
Tony has conducted a broad range of litigation in complex disputes, including several high profile matters in the Federal Court of Australia, Supreme Courts of Victoria and the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
Tony's experience extends to a broad range of contractual disputes for clients in the energy, resources and investment areas and has advised clients involved in regulatory investigations including investigations by ASIC, APRA, the Federal Police and the Australian Taxation Office.
Other relevant experience includes:
- Transfer Pricing tax dispute – acting for a large multinational resources group in relation to a long running and complex transfer pricing dispute with the ATO.
- Royal Commission – acting for a large superannuation fund in relation to the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Finance Services Industry.
- TABCORP – acting for TABCORP against the Treasurer of the State of Victoria in challenging the validity of the determination of the Health Benefit Levy for 2013 in the Supreme Court of Victoria, Victorian Court of Appeal and High Court of Australia.
- ANZ – acting for ANZ in the Commercial Court of Supreme Court of Victoria in relation to a number of actions arising from a widely reported collapse of a securities lending firm.
- ExxonMobil – acting in a number of tax disputes in the Federal Court of Australia including the Full Court in relation to the Petroleum Resource Rent Tax Act.
- Corporations Act – acting for a large Superannuation Fund in relation to a dispute in respect of interest in a Management Investment Scheme in the Supreme Court of New South Wales and NSW Court of Appeal.
Tony has been trained formally in Legal Project Management.
Accreditations, memberships, awards and professional recognition
- Leading Individual – Dispute Resolution Australia – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018
- Recommended lawyer – Dispute Resolution: Australia – Chambers Global 2015
- The Best Lawyers of Australia – Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution 2018