About Anne Nguyen
Anne specialises in projects and transactions in the oil & gas and mining sectors. Anne has extensive experience advising on joint ventures and project development, asset and share acquisitions, farm-ins and disposals, third party processing and offtake agreements.
Anne also spent over 2.5 years at Shell as in-house counsel responsible for a number of its Australian oil and gas projects. Having spent time in-house, Anne has developed an understanding and appreciation of the importance of ensuring that legal advice is tailored to meet commercial objectives and provided in a cost-efficient manner.
Anne's relevant experience in oil & gas and mining includes advising:
Oil & Gas
- Woodside – on all aspects of its Scarborough Project, including the recent equity alignment with BHP and on exploration farm-in and joint venture arrangements in the Carnarvon Basin with Chevron.
- ExxonMobil – on its abandoned 20 month proposed divestment process relating to certain oil assets in the Gippsland Basin and its P’nyang LNG and Papua LNG Projects.
- Shell – on its Arrow Project, Crux Project, Australian aspects of its $70 billion merger with BG Group, divestment of its interest in the Wheatstone Project to KUFPEC Australia and Australian exploration portfolio.
- Osaka Gas – on its interests in the Greater Sunrise Joint Venture and Evans Shoal Joint Venture, including in respect of the Greater Sunrise Special Regime Area and potential processing development options.
- Cue Energy Limited – on various farm-in arrangements in onshore and offshore exploration interests in Australia and Indonesia, including in relation to the arrangements agreed with BP, Beach and NZOG in relation to the Ironbark prospect.
- JERA – on the proposed development of the NSW LNG Receiving Terminal Project, including the joint venture arrangements, which if developed will be the first, or one of the first, LNG regasification projects in Australia.
- Mitsui – on its Waitsia Project including on the gas sales agreement with Alinta Energy for the supply of gas from an expansion of the Xyris production facility.
- Lattice Energy – acted for a confidential bidder on its proposed acquisition of Lattice Energy (Origin Energy's $1.585 billion spin-off of its conventional oil and gas assets).
- Otway Basin – acted for a confidential bidder on its proposed acquisition from Lattice Energy of an interest in the Otway Basin assets and associated gas sales, condensate sales and LPG sales agreements.
- AGL – on its multi-asset gas transportation agreement with APA Group.
- Rio Tinto – in relation to certain of its Pilbara iron ore joint venture arrangements and Oyu Tolgoi copper/gold project in the South Gobi region of Mongolia.
- Triple Flag Precious Metals Corp – on its financing of the Dargues Gold Project (including royalty arrangements) and acquisition of royalty streams in the Fosterville, Stawell and Leviathan gold mines through its acquisition of shares in AuRico Metals Australian Royalty Corporation.
- Iluka Resources – on offtake arrangements for its Sierra Rutile project in Sierra Leone and Cataby mineral sands project in Western Australia.
- Newcrest Operations – on various exploration farm-in and joint venture arrangements.
- Newmont – on its $22 million acquisition of land from Sotico Pty Ltd.
- Ok Tedi Mining Limited – on corporate and regulatory advice in respect of various aspects of its mining operations in Papua New Guinea, including joint venture arrangements.
- BGC Contracting – acted for a confidential bidder on its proposed acquisition of BGC Contracting.