About Jo Ottaway
Jo specialises in superannuation law, financial services regulation, banking regulation and anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing (AML/CTF).
Her experience includes:
- advising superannuation clients in relation to compliance with the Australian superannuation regulatory regime (including fund mergers and AML/CTF); and
- advising major onshore and offshore banks, financial services and funds management clients in relation to the licensing, disclosure and compliance requirements of the Australian financial services regime, and also compliance with Australia's banking regulatory and AML/CTF regimes.
Jo’s relevant experience includes advising:
- Rio Tinto Staff Superannuation Fund and Equipsuper – acted for the trustee of the Rio Tinto Staff Superannuation Fund in relation to its merger with Equipsuper.
- Combined Super and Prime Super – acted for the trustee of the Combined Super Fund in relation to its merger with Prime Super.
- CBH Superannuation Fund and Sunsuper Superannuation Fund – acted for the trustee of the CBH Superannuation Fund in relation to its merger with Sunsuper.
- Australia Post Superannuation Scheme – advised on the design and implementation of a range of significant product, regulatory and governance changes to the $8 billion Australia Post Superannuation Scheme.
- A range of superannuation fund clients, including the Australia Post Superannuation Scheme, AustralianSuper, Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation, Maritime Super, First State Super and HESTA – regularly advise on a broad range of complex regulatory compliance issues related to the Australian superannuation regulatory regime.