About Emma Warren
Emma practises in infrastructure and construction law and specialises in the management and delivery of large-scale projects in those areas. Emma has particular experience in public private partnership (PPP) projects.
Emma's specific experience includes advising:
- The Northwest Rapid Transit SPV on the delivery of the North West Rail Link (now Sydney Metro Northwest).
- The Macquarie and Bombardier-led Consortium on all aspects of its bid to design, manufacture, finance and maintain 65 high capacity metro trains and a new maintenance depot and stabling yard for the Cranbourne-Pakenham rail corridor.
- Plenary Group, as part of the GoldLinQ Consortium on its successful bid for the Gold Coast Rapid Transit PPP.
- Plenary Group on its bid for Project Single LEAP Phase 2 – a PPP project of the Commonwealth Department of Defence for the delivery of defence force accommodation in Australian states and territories. Emma also advised Plenary Group in its role as the successful bidder for and project sponsor of Phase 1 of the project.
- The Plenary Research Consortium on its successful bid to deliver a world-class Biosciences Research Centre at La Trobe University.
- Acciona Agua, an international leader in water treatment, on the project to design, build and operate the A$1.4 billion Adelaide desalination project.
- The Victorian Government on the Southern Cross Station Redevelopment. This was the first major PPP project delivered in Victoria, and Emma was responsible for drafting and negotiating the concession deed between the successful bidder and the government, as well as the ancillary project agreements involving multiple stakeholders.
- DOI on the construction and general commercial aspects of the Dynon Port Rail Link Project, including drafting and negotiating the multiparty stakeholder arrangements and required construction contracts for rail and road works and advising on associated tendering and risk allocation issues.
- ABN AMRO as financier and project sponsor for the Emergency Alerting System PPP, including negotiating the concession deed and related project documents with the State and the D&C contract with the construction contractor.
- Plenary Group as the successful project sponsor for the South Australian courts and police stations redevelopment project, the first PPP delivered under the Partnerships SA policy.
- Melbourne Water on the proposed Northern Sewer Project, including advising on the proposed delivery method, drafting required construction contracts, advising on risk allocation and conducting negotiations with tenderers.
- BHP Billiton on a suite of construction contracts in relation to the Minerva gas project, including drafting and negotiating D&C contracts and management agreements, as well as advising on and managing the tender process for those contracts.
- Macquarie Bank in the sale of the Dampier to Bunbury Natural Gas Pipeline, including drafting and negotiating the required finance and stakeholder agreements.
- Acciona Energy on its Waubra Wind Farm Project, including advising on the proposed contracting method, drafting construction contracts and conducting negotiations with the proposed contractor.