About Emma Warren
Emma is an infrastructure and major projects specialist and leads the national Projects & Development team at Allens.
Emma has advised some of the firm's most significant clients on the management and delivery of large‑scale public infrastructure projects. She is regarded as a market leader in public private partnership (PPP) projects and has been the lead partner on a number of successful projects in jurisdictions across Australia.
Emma's recent experience includes:
- Western Roads Upgrade PPP – advising the Netflow Consortium (a Plenary/Cintra JV) on its bid to finance, construct and maintain the network of suburban arterial roads in Melbourne's Western Suburbs as a PPP.
- Northern Roads and South Eastern Roads Upgrade – currently advising the Plenary Roads Consortium on its bid for this PPP.
- Sydney Metro City and Southwest – advising the consortium on its successful proposal for the PPP component of the project, including reconfiguring existing debt and equity arrangements.
- Sydney Metro Northwest PPP – advising the Northwest Rapid Transit SPV on the delivery of this project.
- New Generation Rolling Stock PPP – advised the Bombardier-led Consortium on all aspects of its successful bid for this project, which involves the finance, design, construction, supply and maintenance of 75 trains and a purpose-built maintenance depot.
- Gold Coast Rapid Transit PPP – advised the GoldLinQ consortium on all aspects of its successful bid. This was one of Australia's first public transport PPP projects involving the financing, design, construction, delivery, operation and maintenance of 13kms of light rail track and rolling stock and associated station infrastructure and road works.
Emma's practice also covers aviation and she advises several major airports and airport investors across Australia on their commercial arrangements.
Emma's recent aviation experience includes:
- Advising Melbourne Airport on the renegotiation of its aeronautical services agreements and terminal redevelopment arrangements with (among others) Qantas and Virgin.
- Advising Sydney Airport on its terminal services agreements.
- Advising a bidder in the recent process for the sale of Hobart Airport.
Emma has been named as a leading lawyer in the area of Infrastructure since 2009 and also in Aviation in 2018 and 2019 – with clients describing her as 'having skills in both project finance and infrastructure work and describe her as 'outstanding', highlighting 'her expertise on commercial matters relating to projects'. Her work includes acting on projects in Melbourne related to the city's metro, construction of arterial roads and development of the airport's airside infrastructure'.