Advised on its acquisition of Viterra's Australian agri-products business from Glencore.
ANZ Banking Group
Advised on its acquisition of the A$2.3 billion loan book and A$300 million deposit book of Landmark Financial Services from AWB.
Bank syndicates and borrowers
Advised on grain financings for AWB, CBH and Emerald (bank syndicates) and Cargill, Gavilon Grain and Ridley (borrowers).
Advising on all aspects of its involvement in the Timbercorp collapse. Allens is also acting for the receivers appointed by ANZ in relation to the sale of a number of assets used in connection with the Timbercorp schemes.
Advising McGrathNicol in its role as voluntary administrators of the Cubbie Group of companies. This was a very high-profile matter, having the largest aggregation of irrigated land in the Southern Hemisphere.
Food and beverage
- Advised on sale of Dairy Farmers to National Foods for A$910 million.
- Advising on promotions and marketing campaigns for clients including: Beam Brands and PepsiCo and The Smith's Snackfood Company.
George Weston Foods
Acted in ACCC investigation and proceedings for attempted price fixing.
Pacific Equity Partners
Advised Pacific Equity Partners on the sale of Peters Ice Cream to leading European ice cream manufacturer, R&R Ice Cream.
Yum! Brands Inc
Advised on online games, competitions and promotions.
Retail and consumer goods
- Acted for Wesfarmers Ltd in its $A20 billion cash and share offer for Coles Group Limited via a scheme of arrangement. The takeover represents the largest financing transaction in Australian corporate history and has resulted in Wesfarmers becoming Australia's largest retailer and private sector employer.
- Acted in High Court proceedings challenging the ambit of the ACCC's information gathering powers.
- Advising on an exclusive dealing notification to the ACCC relating to the establishment of an operations entity formed to manage Shell's core retail property network as part of a commercial alliance between Shell and Coles Myer.
- Advising on the establishment of its €3,000,000,000 Euro Medium Term Note Programme listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange and on US$650 million in notes issued to the US debt capital markets in compliance with US Securities. Allens advised HBOS Treasury Services London on a A$600 million Kangaroo Bond issue under its EMTN programmes Laws Rule 144A.
- Advised Wesfarmers Limited on its A$4.6 billion accelerated entitlement offer and placements in 2009, and on its A$2.6 billion accelerated entitlement offer.
Advised Woolworths Limited on a matter that will see the supermarket giant establish property fund spin-off Shopping Centres Australasia Property Group.
Acting for the syndicate of senior lenders to the Colorado Group (which has about 430 retail stores Australia-wide) and now also acts for the receivers.
Advising a range of LVMH subsidiaries, including Christian Dior, Tag Heuer, Kenzo, Benefit Cosmetics, Guerlain, Givenchy and Zenith Watches, on anti-counterfeiting and trade mark enforcement issues in Australia.
Advising in relation to anti-counterfeiting and trade mark enforcement issues.
Advising Country Road on a contractual dispute arising from its retail Brand Management Agreement with David Jones.
Business services and logistics
Advised Brambles Limited on its plans to cancel its secondary listing on the London Stock Exchange and the related share sale facility.
Advising on enterprise bargaining, including agreement drafting, appearances in Fair Work Australia and lodging agreement for approval.
- Advised on its A$3.1 billion equity and debt funding package.
- Acted in defending a $300 million class action for alleged cartel conduct with Visy in the corrugated packaging industry. The Federal Court proceedings were commenced by several customers and arise out of investigations by the ACCC.
Advising Knauf on the construction contracts for the development of its manufacturing facility at Newcastle.
Acting for the receivers and managers appointed by three banks to Hi-Fert Pty Ltd, one of Australia's leading fertiliser distributors.
Acting for Ford in relation to the establishment of a customs procedure in Australia designed to deter the importation of infringing Ford goods.
Representing major pharmaceutical companies in worldwide patent litigation and regulatory proceedings concerning drug actives, formulations and methods of manufacture and administration.
Our major clients include Pfizer, sanofi-aventis, Bristol-Myers, Human Genetic Signatures, Les Laboratoires Servier, Mundipharma, Atlantis Resources Corporation and Viater Medical.
Trade marks and designs
Our major clients include Ford Motor Company, Sony Corporation, Schweppes, Just Group, News Limited, eBay International, Samsung Electronics and PepsiCo.
Acting for BAE in disputes arising out of the purchases of Tenix Defence, including breach of warranty claims and completion balance sheet adjustments.
Advised in relation to obtaining Australia-wide exemptions from anti-discrimination legislation against strong opposition.