Our sports law practice is one of the most multi-faceted and developed in the Asia region, offering depth of experience in many areas of the law as it applies to the sports industry.
We have a diverse and high profile client base. We have acted for participants at all levels, including governing bodies, event and venue owners, marketing agents, corporate sponsors, sports foundations, promoters, equipment manufacturers, sporting teams and sports personalities.
We have advised on a broad spectrum of sports law issues, including:
- acquisition of sporting teams;
- anti-ambush marketing strategies;
- anti-counterfeiting investigations;
- brand protection and exploitation;
- broadcasting agreements and copyright protection;
- doping issues;
- merchandising and licensing agreements;
- on-line sporting ventures;
- player disciplinary issues;
- sponsorship agreements;
- sports event management;
- team transfer and competition rules;
- ticketing arrangements;
- trade mark and design registration; and
- venue agreements.