Kip specialises in Major Projects and Construction. She leads the Infrastructure Sector team at Allens and is widely recognised as a leading infrastructure lawyer. She is experienced in the infrastructure, property and energy and resources sectors and has advised sponsors, lenders, government and a broad range of contractors/operators on various aspects of project development on some of Australia's most iconic projects. Kip also has a comprehensive understanding of public-private partnerships (PPPs), having acted on both the government and consortium side of these projects across Australia for over 14 years.
Kip's practice includes:
- advising on the origination of new infrastructure (including competitive bid processes, unsolicited or market-led proposals, private developments and other forms of procurement); and
- advising on the delivery and operational aspects of major infrastructure projects.
Kip’s experience includes:
- Country Regional Network – advising UGL on the long term OandM contract for the Country Regional Network.
- NSW Regional Rail – advised CPB Contractors in relation to the Downstream DandC Contract on the NSW Regional Rail Project.
- Sydney Metro Line Wide – advised CPB Contractors and UGL Limited (as a joint venture) in its successful bid for the Line Wide Works as part of the Sydney Metro Project. This role involved the negotiation of complex interface arrangements with multiple packages across the Sydney Metro Project as well as other private developers.
- Melbourne Metro PPP – led the D&C Workstream for Cross Yarra Partnership (the winning consortium) on a PPP with the State of Victoria for the delivery of the Sydney Metro Tunnel and Stations PPP. This involved the negotiation of complex interface arrangements, the D&C Contract and ancillary documents.
- Sydney Metro Pitt Street OSD – acted for CPB Contractors on its successful bid (as D&C Contractor) to Sydney Metro for the development of the Pitt Street Over Station Development (OSD). This required review and negotiation of the OSD Project Delivery Agreement and Station Delivery Deed. The structure of this deal was complex and unique and Kip continues to support the Client during delivery.
- Sydney Metro Waterloo Station, OSD and Precinct – acted for the Aqualand consortium on its bid to Sydney Metro for the development of the Waterloo Station, the over station development (OSD) to be constructed above the station, as well as development of an adjacent mixed-use precinct. This required review and negotiation of the Station Delivery Deed and the OSD Project Delivery Agreement as well as complex third party interface agreements.
- UNSW Redevelopment Project – Kip has advised UNSW on various aspects of its Redevelopment Project which includes the redevelopment, decant and modification of several buildings at the UNSW Kensington Campus. In this role, she has been involved in facilitating risk workshops, preparing bespoke RFP and EOI documentation, and drafting Consultancy, Construction Management, Design and Construct, ECI and Construction Agreements.
- NSW Schools PPP Augmentations – advised Schools Infrastructure NSW in relation to the negotiation of upgrade works packages for Schools 1 (Dapto) and Schools 2 (Ashtonfield) under the NSW Schools PPP. These upgrade works are the first substantial variations to these NSW Schools PPP packages.