About Tarsha Gavin
Tarsha Gavin is an experienced employment and safety law practitioner.
Her experience includes both litigious and advisory work for large listed, commercial and government clients, and includes assisting employers with defending regulator action and employee claims in Federal and State jurisdictions. She specialises in advising employers on large-scale wage underpayment and remediation matters.
Tarsha's relevant experience includes:
- advising on the identification and disclosure of wage underpayment issues, the development of remediation programs, and engagement with the Fair Work Ombudsman on these matters;
- conducting legislative compliance reviews, including reviews of compliance with modern awards, enterprise agreements and the Fair Work Act;
- advising and representing employers in relation to claims brought by employees in the Fair Work Commission and the Federal Court of Australia, including anti-bullying, unfair dismissal and general protections claims;
- conducting investigations into employee grievances and suspected employee misconduct (including those involving bullying, sexual harassment and fraud);
- advising on performance management and disciplinary outcomes for employees; and
- presenting training to companies on a range of workplace topics including work health and safety, long term employee absences, and the distinction between employees and independent contractors.
Clients for which Tarsha has worked include Super Retail Group, Mirvac, AstraZeneca, the New South Wales Government, The Iconic and Crestone. Tarsha has also had in-house counsel experience, having been seconded to a specialist employment Senior Legal Counsel role within a government-owned enterprise.