About Jessica Mottau
Jessica specialises in technology, media and telecommunications, with experience acting on major procurements, business process outsourcings, services agreements, and technology development and licensing agreements.
In particular, she has extensive experience advising businesses on complex business separation and transitional arrangements, typically in connection with mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and other restructures.
Jessica's experience includes advising the following clients:
Separations and Transitions
- BAE Systems on its acquisition of ASC Shipbuilding, in connection with the award to BAE Systems of the $35 billion Head Contract for the Hunter Class Frigate Program;
- First State Super on its successful A$2.8 billion bid to operate a 40-year concession of land titling and registry operations of Land Use Victoria;
- CPA Global on its acquisition of Filing Analytics and Citation Eagle, two leading IP data and analytics software solutions; and
- Westpac on technology, IT and separation aspects of various acquisitions and portfolio investments.
Major Procurement and Outsourcing
- UTS, Big-4 Bank, NSW Land and Housing Corporation.
Technology, Innovation and Allens Accelerate
- WeWork, Macquarie Bank, Schneider Electric, and various high-growth companies such as OCR Labs, Whispli and AgriDigital.
Jessica's experience before she joined Allens included advising:
- Credit Suisse – on its joint venture with Palantir Technologies to form Signac, a company focused on identifying unauthorised trading in the financial services industry using Big Data analytic tools;
- Starwood Hotels – on separation matters relating to the US$1.5 billion sale of its timeshare business, including its long-term licensing of the 'Sheraton' and 'Westin' house brands;
- Israel Chemicals Ltd – on transition services arrangements and chemical supply agreements in connection with the US$1 billion sale of its fire safety and oil additives business units in the US, Canada, Germany, France and Spain to SK Capital Partners;
- Reonomy – on various inbound licence and data agreements and enterprise agreements for the commercialisation of its proprietary technology; and
- Weatherford International – on technology aspects of its US$3.8 billion joint venture with Schlumberger to create the largest fracking entity in the US, and subsequent sale of its US pressure pumping and fracking assets to Schlumberger for US $430 million.
Jessica is a member of the Women at Allens committee.
She previously worked at Latham & Watkins in New York, and is admitted to practise in both New South Wales and New York.