About Simun Soljo
Simun is a financial services regulation expert. His clients include banks, superannuation trustees and fund managers, insurers, financial product distributors and industry bodies.
He is experienced in:
- Financial products – Advising on the development of new products and product changes, disclosure obligations, and the reviewing and implementation of distribution and remuneration arrangements (including FOFA).
- Financial services transactions – Advising on the sale and purchase of insurers, administrators and other wealth management businesses, mergers of superannuation funds and transfers of insurance business, and directors' and fiduciary duties in the context of transactions, and superannuation and insurance aspects of corporate transactions.
- Investigations – Responding to regulatory investigations, conducting incident and compliance reviews, and working with clients to design appropriate remediation programs.
- Payments – Advising on the regulation of payments and new payment products, including implementation of the New Payments Platform.
- Fintech and regtech – Advising on the development of 'robo advice' tools, the regulatory implications of new technologies and building automated regulatory compliance tools.
Simun regularly publishes and presents on financial services regulatory developments. He has presented at the Law Council of Australia Superannuation Conference, and has been a guest lecturer in the University of Sydney Law School Taxation & Regulation of Superannuation course and the University of New South Wales Faculty of Law course on the regulation of FinTech.