Every sector – be it infrastructure, mining and power, or even banking, real estate, technology and healthcare – has its own unique issues or regulation to navigate, and opportunities to explore.
Our sector teams, led by Head of Sectors Emma Warren (view CV), work closely with a range of clients, helping them to spot opportunities, anticipate risks to their business, and bring together a range of experts – for instance, M&A, financing, disputes, tax or workplace – to ensure your transaction or matter is run efficiently and according to your timetable.
From navigating regulations, predicting trends, or understanding the political landscape, our people enjoy being part of the debate and discussion.
Here are some recent videos.
Insights from Dr Alan Finkel AO, Australia's Chief Scientist
Watch Dr Finkel share his thoughts on the way technology is driving our ability to transform the energy sector, the ideal mix of technology in renewables and the role science has to play in our low carbon future.
Private Equity: the Year Ahead
Partner Mark Malinas discusses the year ahead in Private Equity and opportunities for future investment in Australia.
Allens Accelerate: Top tips from David Rohrsheim
Watch as Gavin Smith, TMT Sector Leader and Practice Leader, Startups and Emerging Companies, asks David Rohrsheim, General Manager for Australia and New Zealand, Uber to share some key learnings from his startup journey.
Allens Accelerate: Top tips from Paul McCarney
Watch as Gavin Smith, TMT Sector Leader and Practice Leader, Startups and Emerging Companies, asks Paul McCarney, Co-Founder and CEO, Data Republic to share some key learnings from his startup journey.
Thames Tideway Tunnel and the Regulated Asset Base model
Watch Infrastructure & Transport Sector Leader Leighton O'Brien speak to London Partner Charlotte Morgan about this landmark project and the innovative funding model.
Arbitration Week – a recap
Partner Andrea Martignoni and Consultant Jim Morrison discuss some of the key insights and highlights from Sydney Arbitration Week 2015, including a look at the concept of investment treaty arbitration and protection, and Australia as a seat for international arbitration.
Opening the farm gate on agribusiness investment
Partner, Jeremy Low interviews Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB), Chairman Brian Wilson on whether Australia is ready to attract agribusiness investment.
Doing business in the US: what it takes to break into a big market
Partner Gavin Smith and Viki Forrest, the CEO of ANZA Technology Network, a specialist in helping Australian technology businesses expand into the US, discuss the significantly different ways investors and customers approach US and Australian markets.
Operating in today's complex global business environment, clients need advisers with an international presence.
Allens offers clients access to the best legal minds and resources in the Asia region.
- Allens Accelerate
- Banking & Finance
- Capital Markets
- China Group
- Client Products
- Climate Change
- Company Secretariat
- Competition Law
- Construction & Major Projects
- Environment & Planning
- Financial Services Regulation
- Funds Management
- Head Office & Governance
- Insurance & Reinsurance
- Intellectual Property
- International Business Obligations
- Japan Group
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Patents & Trade Marks
- Personal Property Securities
- Privacy & Data Protection
- Private Equity
- Project Finance
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Technology & Outsourcing
- Workplace Relations
- advised BlackRock and Centuria on joint purchase of the Zenith
- advised Redbubble on IPO and ASX listing
- advised on $1.176b Forrestfield-Airport Link Project
- advised on first-of-kind Gold Coast Light Rail expansion
- advised Rio Tinto on historic Channar Joint Venture
- advised on AirportlinkM7 in Queensland
- advised DUET on its $205m acquisition of an additional interest in DBP
- advised Goldman Sachs on student housing JV with Blue Sky Private Real Estate
- advised consortium purchaser on the proposed $9.05bn acquisition of Asciano
- advised Equifax on its acquisition of Veda
- fashioned ZIMMERMANN private equity deal setting the brand up for its next growth phase
- advises Computer Sciences Corporation on the acquisition of UXC Ltd
- assisted YT International's acquisition of The Forrest Centre office towers
- advised Lascaux Resource Capital Fund on secured metal prepay arrangements
- advised China Construction Bank on Pacific Hydro acquisition financing
- advises G4S on Port Phillip Prison extension
- advised NSW Treasury on the $10.258bn 99-year lease of TransGrid
- helped Westpac manage a market tender process and lease negotiation for its HQ
- advised Archer Capital on sale of Healthe Care
- advised Royal Dutch Shell on its FIRB application
- advised Federal Government on $2bn concessional loan for the WestConnex road project
News & Publications RSS Feed
- Media - 23 May 2016
- Media - 20 May 2016
- Paper - 18 May 2016
Patents & Trade MarksRead More
Allens Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys is a leading Australian firm, delivering a comprehensive patents, trade marks and designs service. We can help you with searches, advice, patent drafting, applications, examinations, oppositions and portfolio management services.
Working with governmentRead More
Allens has extensive experience in acting for departments, agencies and statutory authorities at all levels of government in Australia.
To read more on our individual service areas, either move your mouse over 'Services' in the top menu and choose a sector or practice area or select any of the sectors or practice areas in the grey box at the bottom of this page.
Nicholas specialises in structured direct and indirect real estate, business asset and property trust acquisitions, financing and disposals; tenders, property...
Mark is the National Head of Real Estate at Allens