Every sector – be it infrastructure, mining and power, or even banking, real estate, technology and healthcare – has its own unique issues or regulation to navigate, and opportunities to explore.
Our sector teams, led by Head of Sectors Emma Warren (view CV), work closely with a range of clients, helping them to spot opportunities, anticipate risks to their business, and bring together a range of experts – for instance, M&A, financing, disputes, tax or workplace – to ensure your transaction or matter is run efficiently and according to your timetable.
From navigating regulations, predicting trends, or understanding the political landscape, our people enjoy being part of the debate and discussion.
Here are some recent videos.
Arbitration Week – a recap
Partner Andrea Martignoni and Consultant Jim Morrison discuss some of the key insights and highlights from Sydney Arbitration Week 2015, including a look at the concept of investment treaty arbitration and protection, and Australia as a seat for international arbitration.
Opening the farm gate on agribusiness investment
Partner, Jeremy Low interviews Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB), Chairman Brian Wilson on whether Australia is ready to attract agribusiness investment.
Doing business in the US: what it takes to break into a big market
Partner Gavin Smith and Viki Forrest, the CEO of ANZA Technology Network, a specialist in helping Australian technology businesses expand into the US, discuss the significantly different ways investors and customers approach US and Australian markets.
Understanding the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
Watch Partner Nicholas Adkins talk to Tan Sri Dato Dr Michael Yeoh (Chairman of the World Chinese Economic Forum) about the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, of which Australia is a founding member. Dr Yeoh talks about the AIIB's key objectives and priority projects and what opportunities it presents for Australian businesses.
Planning for NSW – an interview with Rob Stokes, NSW Minister for Planning
The NSW Government has made clear its plans to implement planning reform to transform Sydney into a truly global city by stimulating development in the real estate and infrastructure sectors. NSW Planning Minister, the Honourable Rob Stokes, speaks about his priorities for this term.
State of Growth: Insights from Infrastructure NSW
Head of Sectors Emma Warren speaks to Jim Betts, CEO of Infrastructure New South Wales, about this important organisation, and its independent role to ensure the public and private sectors are investing in the right infrastructure projects for the State.
Financial Services Regulation: a global perspective
Matthew McLennan speaks to Linklaters' financial regulation experts – Partners Gavin Lewis from Hong Kong and James Warnot from New York – about what's been happening overseas in financial services regulation – including how the global regulators are working together to coordinate investigations and also 'compliance culture', a concept new to Australia but a likely focus for our regulators.
Harper Review's Final Report – a political perspective
Partner Kon Stellios and Simon Troeth from Newgate Australia discuss the Government's appetite for implementing the Harper recommendations. Simon draws on his 30 years of communications experience, working for six Howard Government ministers across a range of portfolios.
Operating in today's complex global business environment, clients need advisers with an international presence.
Allens offers clients access to the best legal minds and resources in the Asia region.
- Allens Accelerate (Startups)
- Banking & Finance
- Capital Markets
- Client Products
- Climate Change
- Company Secretariat
- Competition Law
- Construction & Major Projects
- Environment & Planning
- Financial Services Regulation
- Funds Management
- Head Office & Governance
- Insurance & Reinsurance
- Intellectual Property
- International Business Obligations
- Japan Group
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Patents & Trade Marks
- Personal Property Securities
- Privacy & Data Protection
- Private Equity
- Project Finance
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Technology & Outsourcing
- Workplace Relations
- advised Lascaux Resource Capital Fund on secured metal prepay arrangements
- advised China Construction Bank on Pacific Hydro acquisition financing
- advises G4S on Port Phillip Prison extension
- advised NSW Treasury on the $10.258bn 99-year lease of TransGrid
- helped Westpac manage a market tender process and lease negotiation for its HQ
- advised Archer Capital on sale of Healthe Care
- advised Royal Dutch Shell on its FIRB application
- advised Federal Government on $2bn concessional loan for the WestConnex road project
- acted in ACCC merger clearance for Shell's A$98bn takeover of BG
- advised Programmed Maintenance Services on $600m syndicated facility
- acted on sale of the Investa Land to Proprium Capital Partners
- advised IDP Education on $331m IPO
- advised Foxtel on competition aspects of Channel 10 acquisitions
- acted on sale of Investa Property Trust's portfolio of nine premium Australian office towers
- advised M2 Group on proposed $3bn merger with Vocus Communications
- advised Sydney Airport on $535m T3 transaction
- acted on $1bn industrial portfolio sale
- advised AGL on sale of Macarthur Wind Farm
- advised Freudenberg Group on strategic Australian acquisition
- advised bank syndicate on $300m banking facility for Silver Chef
News & Publications RSS Feed
- Media - 8 February 2016
- 5 February 2016
- 5 February 2016
Patents & Trade MarksRead More
Allens Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys is a leading Australian firm, delivering a comprehensive patents, trade marks and designs service. We can help you with searches, advice, patent drafting, applications, examinations, oppositions and portfolio management services.
Working with governmentRead More
Allens has extensive experience in acting for departments, agencies and statutory authorities at all levels of government in Australia.
To read more on our individual service areas, either move your mouse over 'Services' in the top menu and choose a sector or practice area or select any of the sectors or practice areas in the grey box at the bottom of this page.
Michelle specialises in superannuation, life insurance, distribution and financial services law
Guy is the National Co-Head of Allens' M&A and Equity Capital Markets practice