Allens has secured the top ranking by both value and volume in Infralogic's Australia and New Zealand Project Finance Rankings for FY23. The firm has held the top spot for both value and volume for three consecutive years.
In FY23, the firm advised on the financing of a number of key infrastructure projects, including advising:
- the syndicate of lenders on Squadron Energy's innovative portfolio debt financing package to acquire CWP Renewables;
- the sponsors on the refinancing of the Kwinana gas fired power station in Western Australia;
- GIP on the $6 billion Perdaman urea plant in Western Australia;
- the lenders to the CQC Partners consortium on the financing of the Circular Quay Renewal public-private partnership;
- Acciona Energy on the financing for the 923MW MacIntyre Wind Farm – the first CESCE covered loan facility in Australia; and
- the lenders on significant refinancings for the New Royal Adelaide Hospital, Transurban Queensland and WestConnex Stage 3.
'We are delighted to have supported so many clients with their projects in FY23. Economic headwinds and shifts in the financing landscape presented a number of challenges throughout the year, but also provided opportunities to pursue innovative approaches to financing. As always we thank our clients for continuing to trust us with their most crucial projects,' said Head of Project Finance Michael Ryan.
'We saw a number of deals get over the line in the run-up to Christmas, and January has kicked off with the same pace. As we look ahead for the remainder of 2024, we anticipate there will be a rebound in greenfield project financing, with energy transition and digitisation driving a lot of activity. Our team looks forward to supporting our clients with that activity.'