About Elyse Adams
Elyse is a technology and telecommunications specialist with extensive experience across tech sector M&A, corporate and commercial transactions, and tech projects and advisory work, including data protection and cyber security.
Elyse is co-Head of the Allens Accelerate practice for startups, scaleups and high-growth companies, advising them on digital transformation and technology-led innovation. She is also co-author of Allens' Blockchain Reaction Report. She focuses on innovation, particularly in payments and fintech.
Elyse was recognised as part of the 2018 Lawyers Weekly 30 under 30 in the Technology, Media and Telecommunications category.
Recent tech & data procurement and advisory experience
- HRL Morrison & Co and Brookfield – Advised the consortium on all telco-related aspects of the $3.6 billion take-private of the Uniti Group.
- HRL Morrison & Co – Advised HRL Morrison & Co on its recent acquisition of a 49% interest in Telstra Corporation's telecommunications network tower business, including advising on the proposed deal structure from a telco regulatory perspective and negotiating on-going services, supply and access arrangements.
- Aware Super – Advised Australia's second largest super fund on all aspects of its agreement with Bravura Solutions to licence, support and maintain technology solutions to underpin the administration of the Aware Super fund, including privacy and data security elements applicable to cloud hosting.
- Coles – Advised Coles on a variety of payments technology systems matters which, together, formed part of a wholesale uplift to the Coles payments switching infrastructure.
Recent fintech & payments experience
- SWIFT – Advise SWIFT on aspects of its operation and management of the New Payments Platform.
- Bendigo Bank – Advised BEN on the establishment of its 10 year strategic alliance with Tyro in relation to merchant acquiring services, including advising on all regulatory aspects of the alliance and referral program, data sharing considerations and customer transition.
- Zip – Advised Zip on its arrangements to become a Visa principal issuer, its worldwide payments processing arrangements and other related arrangements which underpin the 'Tap & Zip' offering.
Recent high growth company experience
- Penten – Advised defence cybersecurity scaleup, Penten, on all aspects of the significant minority investment made by Five V Capital in the company.
- A confidential investor – Advised on Series A and Series B investments into cloud services company, Versent.
- Canva – Advised in relation to its acquisition of interactive presentation startup, Zeetings.