About Kate Axup
Kate is a partner in the projects practice, with a particular focus on renewable energy. Kate leads the firm's renewable energy group and is jointly responsible for the firm's China practice. During her career, Kate has been based in the firm's Melbourne, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing offices and has strong Mandarin language skills.
Kate's experience includes:
- Corporate PPAS – advising clients including CBA, Sydney Airport, Orora Limited and First Solar in relation to corporate power purchase arrangements.
- CKI – acting for the CKI consortium in respect of its proposed $13b takeover of the APA Group.
- John Laing – on the acquisition and project financing of the 57MW Cherry Tree Wind Farm in Victoria.
- Wild Cattle Hill Wind Farm – PowerChina in respect of its investment in the 150MW Wild Cattle Hill Wind Farm located in Tasmania.
- First Solar – acting for First Solar on the proposed divestment of five solar development assets across New South Wales and Queensland including the development and project financing of the Beryl Solar Farm.
- AGL Energy – advising on the establishment of the Powering Australian Renewables Fund (PARF), and the sale of the 200MW Silverton Wind Farm project, the Broken Hill and Nyngan Solar Power Stations and the 453MW Coopers Gap Wind Farm to the PARF.
- Energy Developments Pty Limited – advising Energy Developments Pty Limited on its successful bid for the Cullerin Range Wind Farm in New South Wales and its acquisition of Vision Super's Wonthaggi Wind Farm.
- AGL Energy – acting on the finance and sale of its equity interest in the 420MW Macarthur Wind Farm.
- DUET Group – advised DUET Group on the power aspects of its $1.36 billion acquisition of Energy Development Pty Limited by way of a scheme of arrangement.
- Queensland Government – advising on issues relating to the proposed potential long term lease of the SunWater industrial pipelines.
- Melbourne Water, South East Water, Yarra Valley Water and City West Water – advising in relation to regulatory and business as usual matters.
- Oyu Tolgoi LLC – advising on the construction of a coal fired power station under an IPP model to support its copper/gold project in Mongolia and on power supply arrangements from China.
- Melbourne Water – advising on the 150GL desalination project in Victoria.
Kate is a member of the board of directors of Methodist Ladies' College.