About Kate Axup
Kate is a partner in the projects practice, with a particular focus on energy and water. Kate leads the firm's energy sector and is jointly responsible for the firm's China practice. During her career, Kate has been based in the firm's Melbourne, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing offices and has strong Mandarin language skills.
Kate's experience includes:
- QIC – acting for QIC on its acquisition of Pacific Energy by scheme of arrangement.
- Enwave – advised a bidder on its bid for this gas network and district energy and utility business asset, which was ultimately acquired by Infrastructure Capital Group.
- Iberdrola Renewables – advising in relation to Iberdrola's potential acquisition of the 320MW hybrid wind and solar plant near Port Augusta
- Corporate PPAs – advising clients including CBA, Sydney Airport, Orora Limited, Coles and First Solar in relation to corporate power purchase arrangements.
- CKI – acting for the CKI consortium in respect of its proposed $13b takeover of the APA Group.
- John Laing – on the acquisition and project financing of the 57MW Cherry Tree Wind Farm in Victoria.
- Wild Cattle Hill Wind Farm – PowerChina in respect of its investment in the 150MW Wild Cattle Hill Wind Farm located in Tasmania.
- First Solar – acting for First Solar on the proposed divestment of five solar development assets across New South Wales and Queensland including the development and project financing of the Beryl Solar Farm.
- AGL Energy – advising on the establishment of the Powering Australian Renewables Fund (PARF), and the sale of the 200MW Silverton Wind Farm project, the Broken Hill and Nyngan Solar Power Stations and the 453MW Coopers Gap Wind Farm to the PARF.
- Energy Developments Pty Limited – advising Energy Developments Pty Limited on its successful bid for the Cullerin Range Wind Farm in New South Wales and its acquisition of Vision Super's Wonthaggi Wind Farm.
- AGL Energy – acting on the finance and sale of its equity interest in the 420MW Macarthur Wind Farm.
- Melbourne Water, South East Water, Yarra Valley Water and City West Water – advising in relation to regulatory and business as usual matters.
- Melbourne Water – advising on the 150GL desalination project in Victoria.
Kate is a member of the board of directors of Methodist Ladies' College