About Linh Bui
Linh specialises in M&A and corporate law and has extensive experience in anti-trust matters. Linh advises international strategic and private equity investors on major private and public M&A transactions in Vietnam across a wide spectrum of industries.
Linh's international experience and multilingual skills have enabled her to guide foreign clients through the maze of Vietnamese regulations and practice. Linh has been recommended by independent legal directories for Corporate and M&A work in Vietnam.
Linh graduated from the Moscow State University with honours and speaks fluent Vietnamese, English and Russian.
Examples of Linh's recent experience includes advising:
- Temasek – on its USD650 million co-investment with KKR in VinHomes, the largest real estate developer listed on HOSE.
- Abbott Laboratories – on its acquisition of Glomed Pharmaceutical and Domesco and various strategic M&A transactions and corporate matters in Vietnam.
- Heineken Vietnam – on various strategic M&A transactions and corporate projects in Vietnam, including the acquisition of Carlsberg’ brewery in Vung Tau.
- Dentsu Aegis Network – on its acquisition of Ambient Digital Vietnam.
- Philip Morris – on its strategic business expansion in Vietnam.
- TIKI – on various fundraising and strategic M&A transactions.
- GoJek – on its business operation in Vietnam, including strategic M&A transactions and corporate projects.
- Affirma (previously Standard Chartered Private Equity) – on its various investments in Vietnam, including in Loc Troi Group, M-Service (operator of the Momo e-wallet platform), Nkid (operator of the TiNi World brand of child activity centers) and on its divestment from Golden Gate (leading operator of restaurant chains).
- Olympus Capital – on its investment in Scommerce (operator of GHN and AhaMove delivery services) and Dong Nai Plastic Corporation, a company listed on the Hanoi Stock Exchange.
- Northstar Group – on its investments in on its investment in Topica, an educational technology company, and UPCo, a co-working space company in Vietnam.
- VP Bank – on its proposed M&A transaction in respect of FE Credit, the leading consumer finance company in Vietnam.
- Home Credit – on its incorporation and operation in Vietnam and strategic M&A transactions.
- TCC Corporation – on its proposed acquisition of Big C business in Vietnam from France's Casino Group.
- PepsiCo, Inc. – on the sale of a 51% interest in its Vietnam beverage business to Suntory Holdings Limited and forming a strategic joint venture in Vietnam.
- ORIX and UOB – on their US$50 million joint investment in Bitexco Power, which owns and operates a portfolio of 18 hydropower projects across Vietnam.
- China Investment Corporation – on its acquisition of a 19% interest in AES-VMC Mong Duong Power BOT Company which develops and operates 1,240MW Mong Duong 2 BOT Power Project with total investment of US$1.9 billion.
- Gazprom Neft – on its proposed acquisition of a 49% interest in the Dung Quat oil refinery and further investment in its modernisation project.
- Siam City Cement Corporation – on its US$262 million joint venture with Chip Mong Group (Cambodia) to build and operate a new cement factory in Cambodia.
Linh regularly advises international clients in Vietnam on the full range of competition and consumer law issues, including acting on high profile mergers and acquisitions filings and advising on anti-competitive practices and market power issues.