About Linh Bui
Linh specialises in M&A, corporate law and banking & finance, and has extensive experience in anti-trust matters. Linh advises international strategic and private equity investors on major private and public M&A transactions in Vietnam across a wide spectrum of industries.
Linh's international experience and multilingual skills have enabled her to guide foreign clients through the maze of Vietnamese regulations and practice. Linh has been recommended by independent legal directories for Corporate and M&A and Banking and Finance work in Vietnam.
Linh graduated from the Moscow State University with honours and speaks fluent Vietnamese, English and Russian.
Examples of Linh's recent M&A experience includes advising:
- Abbott Pharmaceuticals on its acquisition of 100% of Glomed Pharmaceutical, and on its move to a majority stake in Domesco, which have enabled Abbott to become one of the top 10 pharmaceutical manufacturers in Vietnam.
- Standard Chartered Private Equity on its acquisition of a minority stake in e-payment company, M-Service, operator of the Momo e-wallet platform, and of a major minority stake in NKid, operator of the TiNi World brand of child activity centers.
- TCC Corporation on its proposed acquisition of Big C business in Vietnam from France's Casino Group.
- Heineken Vietnam on its acquisition of a brewery in Vietnam from Carlsberg.
- PepsiCo, Inc. on the sale of a 51% interest in its Vietnam beverage business to Suntory Holdings Limited and forming a strategic joint venture in Vietnam.
- Sapporo Holdings on its acquisition of Kronenbourg Vietnam Limited, formation of a brewery joint venture with the Vietnam Tobacco Corporation (Vinataba) and subsequent buy-out of Vinataba.
- ORIX and UOB on their US$50 million joint investment in Bitexco Power, which owns and operates a portfolio of 18 hydropower projects across Vietnam.
- China Investment Corporation on its acquisition of a 19% interest in AES-VMC Mong Duong Power BOT Company which develops and operates 1,240MW Mong Duong 2 BOT Power Project with total investment of US$1.9 billion.
- Gazprom Neft on its proposed acquisition of a 49% interest in the Dung Quat oil refinery, currently the only operating refinery in Vietnam with total investment of US$3 billion, and further investment in its modernization project.
- Siam City Cement Corporation on its US$262 million joint venture with Chip Mong Group (Cambodia) to build and operate a new cement factory in Cambodia.
- International Finance Corporation on its acquisition of a 20% interest in Thien Minh Travel Group, a leading travel company in Vietnam.
Examples of Linh's recent banking and finance experience includes advising:
- Goldman Sachs and the syndicate of lenders on a US$250m Government-guaranteed and MIGA-covered syndicated loan to finance the upgrade and extension of National Highway 20 in Vietnam on a build-transfer basis.
- PPF Group on the structuring, establishment and the operation of its pilot program in consumer finance and the establishment and operation of its wholly-owned consumer finance company, Home Credit Vietnam.
- ANZ and the syndicate of lenders on the original financing, and ongoing restructuring, of a US$45m Government-guaranteed loan to Dong Banh Cement Company.