About Linh Bui
Linh advises international investors and leading Vietnamese companies on major corporate M&A and financing transactions in Vietnam across a wide spectrum of industries. She also has extensive experience in anti-trust matters.
Linh has been ranked as Band 1 Lawyer for Corporate and M&A work in Vietnam by Chambers and Partners.
Linh graduated from the Moscow State University with honours and speaks fluent Vietnamese, English and Russian.
Examples of Linh's recent experience include advising:
- Bain Capital – on its first-ever investment in Vietnam in Masan Group, the leading consumer conglomerate in Vietnam.
- Vingroup, Vinhomes and Vinfast - advising international investors and lenders on various international bonds and financing transactions relating to Vingroup and its subsidiaries.
- International banks and lenders – Deutsche Bank, HSBC, BNPP Paribas, JPMorgan, Credit Suisse, Varde, Avenue Capital, ADM Capital – on their financing transactions in Vietnam.
- International Finance Corporation (IFC) and Asia Development Bank (ADB) – on its various equity investment and financing transactions in Vietnam, including in Mavin, GS25 Vietnam, BAF and Thien Minh by IFC and in Selex and FiinGroup by ADB.
- GIC – on its investment in Nhi Dong 315, a Vietnamese pediatric clinic operator.
- Temasek – on its investments in Vietnam, including in Golden Gate and USD650 million co-investment with KKR in VinHomes.
- Home Credit – on its incorporation and operation in Vietnam and strategic M&A transactions.
- Bank of Ayudhya (BAY) – on its investment in SHB Finance Vietnam.
- KBank and KVision (Kasikorn Bank group) – on their banking and investment activities in Vietnam.
- International investors – CVC, Seatown, Actis, TA Associates, Openspace Venture, Olympus Capital – on its various financing and equity transactions in Vietnam.
- Leading Vietnamese companies –VNG, Golden Gate, Highlands Coffee, Con Cung, CP Vietnam – on their strategic M&A transactions and regional expansion projects.
- Leading start-up companies – Go-Jek, TIKI, Trusting Social, Genes Solutions, Onpoint, Buymed – on fundraising and strategic M&A transactions.
- Affirma (previously Standard Chartered Private Equity) – on its various investments in Vietnam, including in Momo e-wallet, Loc Troi Group, Nkid, Sieu Viet and Golden Gate.
- Various international investors on their investment in Misa,Seedcom, Sendo, OnPoint, Citigo, Up Co-working, Kim An and other start-up companies in Vietnam.
- Abbott Pharmaceuticals – on its acquisition of Glomed Pharmaceutical and Domesco and various strategic M&A transactions and corporate matters in Vietnam.
- Heineken Vietnam – on various strategic M&A transactions and corporate projects in Vietnam, including the acquisition of Carlsberg’ brewery in Vung Tau.
- PepsiCo, Inc. – on the sale of a 51% interest in its Vietnam beverage business to Suntory Holdings Limited and forming a strategic joint venture in Vietnam.
- International multinational companies – National Australia Bank, Tiffany, Polaris, Philip Morris – on their investment and business activities in Vietnam.
Linh regularly advises international clients in Vietnam on the full range of competition and consumer law issues, including acting on high profile mergers and acquisitions filings and advising on anti-competitive practices and market power issues.