About Valeska Bloch
Valeska's practice focuses on all aspects of the technology, media and telecommunications sectors and in technology-led innovation across all sectors. She specialises in the procurement and development of large-scale ICT platforms and telecommunications projects, new media transactions, complex commercial transactions, and telecommunications, media and privacy regulatory advice. Valeska also works closely with clients to leverage and secure their data for business growth. She advises on data governance, privacy and cyber security, including on high-profile data breaches, and is a member of the Business Council of Australia's Cyber Alliance group.
Valeska co-leads the firm's Allens Accelerate high-growth companies practice and advises startups, corporate innovators and investors. She has been at the forefront of legal issues associated with new technologies and innovations, including blockchain, autonomous vehicles, artificial intelligence and machine learning, data science, new spectrum use and allocation (including 5G) and augmented reality.
Valeska has been recognised by Australasian Lawyer as 'one of the country's leading TMT lawyers' and a 'Woman to Watch'. She was also named in its 2016 Hot List, as well as in the 2016 Doyle's Guide listing of Technology, Media & Telecommunications Rising Stars.
Her main clients include:
- Major Procurement and Outsourcing – SWIFT, Vodafone, NSW Department of Finance, Services & Innovation, Transport for NSW, iCare, Sydney Trains
- Data Management, Privacy and Cyber Security – Equifax, Westpac, Data Republic, Football Federation of Australia, Data Governance Australia and Auror
- Media – Fox Sports, Foxtel, Disney, News, SBS, Prime Media Group
- Technology, Innovation and Allens Accelerate – Samsung, Uber, Stone & Chalk, Our Innovation Fund, Westpac, and various award-winning high-growth companies, including Data Republic, AgriDigital, Playground xyz and AgriWebb
- Telecommunications – nbn, Vodafone, Speedcast
Valeska has a Master of Laws in IT, media and communications from UNSW. She is co-author of Thomson Reuters' Laws of Australia 'Internet Law' sub-title, having previously updated the 'Radiocommunications' sub-title in the same publication.
Valeska is on the firm's Inclusion and Diversity Council and Women at Allens committee.