About Louis Chiam
Louis is a partner in the energy sector, focusing on major energy infrastructure projects, renewables, energy regulation, oil and gas, and climate change. He has acted for a range of private sector and government clients on novel and strategic transactions. He is a leading legal specialist in energy in Australia and combines his in-depth industry knowledge with a focus on providing excellent client experience.
Louis' experience includes:
- Advising on offtake agreements across green energy projects, including large-scale battery storage, wind and solar projects.
- Advising on procurement agreements to purchase Australian Carbon Credit Units from eligible Australian offset projects.
- Providing guidance on sales and acquisitions of renewable energy projects around Australia.
- Supporting all aspects of the development of renewable energy projects, including connection agreements and structure offtake agreements.
- Advising on financing and offtake structure for commercial rooftop solar projects.
- Instructing gentailers on a range of issues, such as strategic electricity supply arrangements to government and corporate customers, as well as National Electricity Rules compliance issues.
- Advising the energy rule making body in relation to new electricity Rules and other Rule changes.
- Advising clients on a range of oil and gas transactions including, the purchase of oil and gas reserves in Victoria; the acquisition of a gas storage project; the acquisition of an LNG facility in Australia; and the restructure and sale of a gas transmission pipeline.
- Acting for a bidder in relation to the NSW electricity network privatisations.