About Julian Donnan
Julian specialises in corporate law, practising in the areas of equity capital markets, and mergers and acquisitions.
Recent deal experience includes:
- advising West Australian Newspapers on its acquisition of Seven Media Group and related issue of Convertible Unsecured Loan Securities in April 2011;
- advising the Queensland Government on the $6.6 billion IPO of Queensland Rail, the largest IPO in Australia in a decade;
- the internalisation of Macquarie Airports management and its $356 million accelerated non-renounceable entitlement offer;
- the $836 million take-private of Macquarie Capital Alliance Group in September 2008 by way of scheme of arrangement; and
- advising Wesfarmers on its $4.6 billion accelerated renounceable rights issue and placements in February 2009.
Between 2005 and 2008, Julian worked in Allens' Shanghai Office specialising in investment into China from a number of high profile Australian companies, such as ANZ Banking Group, RIO and BHP Billiton.