About Marc Kemp
Marc acts for and advises Australian and offshore infrastructure, property, agribusiness, hedge and other fund sponsors on the establishment and restructure of collective investment vehicles (including MITs) and the marketing of offshore funds in Australia, for Australian and offshore institutional and sovereign investors on their investments in Australian funds and assets. Marc's experience includes:
- GPT, DUET Group, Charter Hall, Campus Living, Macquarie, Hastings Funds Management, Global Infrastructure Partners, Sydney Airport, Investa, Brookfield Asset Management and JPMorgan on funds-related matters, including corporate governance, dealings with investors and regulators, fund structuring, management and custody.
- DUET Group – 2012 internalisation of management from Macquarie and AMP Capital; 2013 simplification restructure by way of trust and company schemes; and 2015 takeover of Energy Developments Limited for A$1.36 billion, with a simultaneous A$1.67 billion capital raising.
- Sydney Airport – 2013 simplification restructure by way of trust scheme.
- GPT Group – 2014 IPO of the $375 million GPT Metro Office Fund, one of the largest REIT IPOs of 2014.
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets – 2015 restructure of and capital raising for the Macquarie Pastoral Fund.
- Westpac – 2014 investment in Reinventure Fund, an early-stage venture capital fund.
- Campus Living – 2014 internalisation of management of the Campus Living Villages Fund.
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, Utilities Trust of Australia, Kindle and CN Strategic Master Fund – establishment of a consortium for their 2012 bid for the Hastings Diversified Utilities Fund, a listed gas pipeline owner/operator.
- ME Sovereign Wealth Fund and LaSalle Investment Management – 2014 capital funding investment in the 2018 Commonwealth Games Village development.
- Hastings Funds Management, Sunsuper and State Super – joint acquisition of an interest in Queensland Airports Limited and the structuring of the related co-investment arrangements.
- Capital raisings for GPT Wholesale Shopping Centre Fund, GPT Wholesale Office Fund, DUET Group, Charter Hall Core Plus Industrial Fund and Charter Hall Core Plus Office Fund.