About Marc Kemp
Marc is a leading Australian funds lawyer, and the head of Allens' Funds, Superannuation and Wealth Practice. Marc is funds counsel to Australian and offshore managers, acts for institutional investors and private funds on their investments, and routinely advises on funds-related M&A.
Highlights of Marc's experience includes:
- Sunsuper (now Australian Retirement Trust) – advised on its merger with QSuper to form the A$200 billion Australian Retirement Trust, and advised on numerous investments and co-investments in Australian and offshore infrastructure and funds.
- Global Infrastructure Partners – fund counsel to GIP Australia Funds I and II, and advised on investments by GIP-managed funds in transport and energy assets.
- Magellan – advised on the 2021 restructure of the Magellan Global Fund.
- GPT Group – fund counsel to the GPT Wholesale Office Fund and GPT Wholesale Shopping Centre Fund.
- Macquarie Asset Management – fund counsel to the Macquarie Pastoral Fund and the Macquarie Private Infrastructure Fund.
- ESR Australia – fund counsel to the ESR Australia Logistics Partnerships and ESR Australia Development Partnerships.
- Tilt Renewables (formerly Powering Australian Renewables Fund) – fund counsel to Tilt Renewables.
- Pacific Equity Partners – advised on the establishment of the Secure Assets Fund and PEP Fund VI.
- MLC – advised on investments by into offshore absolute return funds.
- Oxford Properties – advised on its investment in a logistics real estate investments platform with Warburg Pincus and Hale Capital.
- AMP Life – advised on its sale by AMP to resolution Life.
- DUET Group – advised on its 2012 internalisation of management from Macquarie and AMP Capital; its 2013 simplification restructure by way of trust and company schemes; 2015 takeover of Energy Developments Limited for A$1.36 billion, with a simultaneous A$1.67 billion capital raising; and its 2017 acquisition by a CKI-led consortium.
- Sydney Airport – advised on its 2013 restructure, and its take-private by an IFM-led consortium.