About Jonathan Light
Jonathan specialises in commercial dispute resolution and litigation, with a particular emphasis on construction and technology disputes, arbitration, insurance and large general commercial disputes. Jonathan has been recognised in Doyle's Guide as a 'rising star' in construction law in Australia.
Jonathan also has significant experience in the defence of shareholder class actions, and in acting for clients as plaintiff in the pursuit of a range of commercial claims.
Whilst being based in the firm's Sydney office, Jonathan has also spent time in the firm's Singapore and Hanoi offices and has conducted a number of disputes with an Asia-Pacific focus.
Jonathan is responsive and runs litigation efficiently. He grasps factually and technically complex matters quickly and provides pragmatic and commercial advice for the handling and resolution of disputes.
Highlights of Jonathan's experience include:
- acting for a range of clients in the energy, mining, infrastructure, projects and real estate sectors including Snowy Hydro, Westconnex, Northconnex, LOGOS, Mirvac, ISPT, Aqualand, and INPEX;
- acting for a range of clients in the technology sector in disputes concerning the procurement of technology infrastructure and the provision of technology related services;
- acting for a range of clients in domestic arbitrations in Australia and international arbitrations seated in Asia;
- acting for policy holders, including ASX listed corporations, major financial institutions and resources companies in non-contentious insurance matters, including advising on policy negotiation and drafting, as well as in large, complex and contentious insurance claims and litigation against insurers. Jonathan has significant expertise in Directors & Officers Liability, Cyber Liability Insurance, Business Interruption, Contracts Works, Warranty & Indemnity and other specialty insurance products; and
- acting for Aristocrat Leisure, CIMIC, Vocation, QBE Insurance Group and Whitehaven Coal in the defence of shareholder class actions.