About Tracy Lu
Tracy is an IP all-rounder with over 10 years of strong experiences in both commercial and contentious IP matters. She has particular expertise in complex IP arrangements, patent disputes and advising on the IP aspects of high value, market-leading M&A transactions, including in the London market where she was a secondee at Linklaters from 2019 to 2021 with the IP team.
Tracy is a fluent native speaker of Mandarin.
Notable commercial matters which Tracy has advised on include:
- News Corp / Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc.– on the separation of the two businesses;
- News Corp – on various acquisitions and sales of media and publishing businesses;
- Naval Group – on its participation in the Australian Future Submarine Project;
- Westpac – in relation to various trade mark licensing arrangements;
- a leading global professional services firm – on various intra-group IP collaboration and licensing agreements; and
- various sports organisations – on IP issues relating to NFTs.
Notable contentious matters which Tracy has advised on include:
- Otsuka / BMS – in patent enforcement proceedings involving Abilify® (aripiprazole);
- Seiko Epson – in patent enforcement proceedings involving printer cartridges;
- International Edge – in proceedings defending against allegations of infringement of an innovation patent;
- Teva – in patent disputes involving Copaxone® (glatiramer acetate) and rasagiline;
- Beiersdorf Australia – in proceedings defending against allegations of misleading or deceptive advertising claims; and
- Music Rights Australia – in proceedings acting on behalf of Australian record companies to obtain an injunction against ISPs to block access to a torrent website.